Better Punishments...

I think this needs to be overhauled and rebuild from scratch. I have only got a couple of options on how to punish them, and nearly no reasons. If a player get's a stupid yellow card I should be able to specifically warn him about it. If they are getting far to many, the same thing. If a player gets sent off for violent conduct and is suspened for 6 games, I want to be able to do something more than fine two weeks wages. Infact, I want to be able to fine them their contracts length of wages/ cancel their contracts and then have the FA, FIFA and international courts on my arse! I want to be able to strip my captain of his post and make him know why I did it.

In my Angry Captain thread I touched on what happened. Ideally I would have fined him his suspencion (6 matches) worth of wages, stripped him of his captaincy for repeated violent conduct and then Transfer listed him labelled as not needed at the club. Instead I can only fine him two weeks wages, take his captaincy (thanksfully without a revolt) and transfer list him as not needed. Then when he got sent off for shouting at the ref on his first game back I would have cancelled his bloody contract!

But yeah, just my thoughts on it all. I think it would be interesting to put my club in a legal battle over cancelling a players contract or fining him 10 weeks wages.

The whole player interaction system is absolout garbage. I bought FM08 on the promise of "better player interaction" and it's not - its just the same as FM07/06/05.

The discipline feature is, and has been for years, really flawed. I generalyl avoid it all together now as it's impossible to tell in most instances if cards were justified and it's too easy to upset players - there is nothing to cater fro stricter regimes or club policy.

You should be able to set up an automatic club rule that automatically disciplines players, and have them request meetings with you (with multiple questions/answers etc.) if they have a problem with a disciplinary action that has automatically happened. They you should decide to either over turn it or tell them to live with it.

As it is it's all wrong, needs some serious work.

Archived