Too many long shots. Need a fix

In my 3rd year with Bath and I have a great team. Problem is that were not scoring and were getting 20+ shots a game. Formation im using is a 4-3-1-2. What setting do you think may be the problem in my shot selection? And I have very capable scorers so I didn't set a target man..could that be the problem ?

Option wasn't there. I could ask them t take more long shots :p

Thinking my short passing setup might be the problem. Maybe too much control and not enough breakaways.

Passing is the most likely cause.

Players shoot because they have no-one to pass to, most likely because your orders aren't balanced - Too many attacking players.

One way I would setup a 4-3-1-2 is:

2 strikers - 1*support, 1*attack

1 AMC - Support

3 Midfielders - 1*defend, 1*support, 1*attack.

I had this problem as well, where my midfielders are attempting to shot from distance. There was 1 game against a weaker team, my best midfielder had 16 shots on goal. Only 1 was on target, but that 1 was a goal. Still, I do want him to shoot because he had been scoring from distance on average once in every 2 games. However, I only seem to encourage this tactic in 10.3. In 10.2 it was difficult to score from distance, including DFK. 10.3 seems much, much easier. Unfortunately, this also means that I am also conceding a few long shots and DFK but its fair game I guess.

Passing is the most likely cause.

Players shoot because they have no-one to pass to, most likely because your orders aren't balanced - Too many attacking players.

One way I would setup a 4-3-1-2 is:

2 strikers - 1*support, 1*attack

1 AMC - Support

3 Midfielders - 1*defend, 1*support, 1*attack.

i'll try that and see what happens.

this game is full with problems.did they fix the crashing problem? in the demo everything was working perfect. we all know why. to make us buy the game. i feel such a victim. shame on you siga games. i had you as a more high standard game company.

I set all midfielders long shots at rarely (but the very best one if he has 13+), never play advanced play-maker.

Setting Strikers at rarely long shots is also a good idea.

To be good long shooter you need all these attributes:

Decisions

Dribbling

Balance

Strength

Technique

Off the ball

And some others that are disputed.

Archived