Highest caps -> Highest capped players list (and other list-related ideas)

Just something I'm hoping SI will implement, probably something easy to do. At the moment, we only have one entry for the highest number of caps for all players in that national team (i.e. on mine it's Michael Owen on 100). However, when someone overtakes Owen and Owen retires from England, I'll never know how far Owen got unless he takes up a staff role - and when he retires, he'll be lost, forever. Which is why I'm hoping perhaps SI will implement, say, the top 100 capped players for each nation so we can at least remember them in some capacity.

It also extends to things like "most appearances" for clubs, "most goals", "worst discipline" and so on.

Maybe we could also retain anyone on these lists as "virtual" people in-game - so if you're on one of these lists, you can view their profile and biography even if they've retired fully and not actually existent in the game - rather like a page from a history book. Then their virtual profile will detail their career. This will allow us to store lots of perhaps interesting and contextual history about national teams and clubs.

There will be a lot of data understandably which is why I'm hoping we can perhaps modify the amount we store - say the top 25 of each list rather than top 100. Maybe even highlight the clubs you want to store data for.

Just storing those on lists will limit the amount of space while ignoring the average guy who is 593th on your appearances list.

Even without virtual profiles, it would be nice to simply have a list to see who's just below the top dog.

I concur. I would like to see breakdown of goals scored by a player, i.e. every season his league goals, domestic cup goals and continental cup goals. Not sure whether this would cause significant increase in data processing or not. If it does not, it would be good to have.

Yes.....it is part of highlight of this game.....grinning proudly at 3a.m looking at all the stats you had gathered as manager....so basically more historical records! As x42bn6 suggested, maybe your club top 5 apperances, goal scorer, most expensive signings, sold, etc...

Archived