Greatest newgen names in FM10!

Who has found a player and thought I have to sign him based on name alone? I got lucky with my Portugal/Japanese and he seams he will cover at full back from the bench. I still would have signed him just for my reserve side if nothing else.

Yamawhatacopy.png?t=1268000428

Days like these make it worth while wasting my life taking Boston through the leagues!

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to think of some of the better names.

My captain is called Warren Love. Not the greatest, but I'm waiting for an awesome headline to pop up because of him.

Whenever he scores I imagine hearing the song "What is Love(Baby don't hurt me)?" blaring out of White Hart Lane.

I've got a center back at Man Utd called Gabriel Kuntz. Theres another one at Man City called Willie Wilkie which usually makes me chuckle.

Reminds me of that John Motson commentary from an International game in 96 I think it was.

"Now that they have took the 2 strikers off" ........... *Kuntz is on the ball* "Kuntz...." LOL

Not a newgen, but David Goodwillie has the potential for some funny headlines. Whenever a manager is interested in signing him I get a news item - 'Smith wants Goodwillie'.

I have a newgen at Real Madrid just now called Ovidiu Solomon, which sounds like an evil transformer or something.

I tend to be strangely attracted to players with odd names or unusual nationalities. If it's a choice between them or some bland Englishman, it's often a deal-breaker. I currently have an Ethiopian in my BSP Scunthorpe side. And i'm really keen on signing this guy...

dickryder.jpg

• 5 months later...

Lol us nigerians like to name our kids after days of the week :)

I've seen some funny FM names but I remember a real player called Ice Cream.

And then there's the nigerian president named goodluck jonathan....

I have had a spanish kid with multiple garcias in his name.

A slightly alternative submission: Back in my CM01/02 days I had a regen who literally was the man with no name. The name field was just totally blank. He was a half-Brazillian, half-Irishman who turned up in the Irish league about 15 season in. He was pretty decent actually, think he ended up in the Irish national team.

Reckon it was just that there was a blank in both the stock first name and surname columns in the database and they were just randomly aligned. I wonder what the odds would have been on that happening.

Archived