Vidic - Deal or no deal?

At 29 he's in his prime, and he'll continue to be an immense asset to the club for at least a few more years. If you've only got Rio and Evans in addition to Vidic, I'd be saying you probably need to bring in another defender, not get rid of one (especially when you don't need the money)

I've just sold Vidic for 33m upfront to the Dark Side (Real Madrid). I was offered a lot more the season before (09/10) but rejected it as he helped the club win the league. He became unhappy when i rejected the previous bids so I gave in and sold. I replaced him with Jack Rodwell and Fazio (from Sevilla). Paid well over the odds for Fazio mind you (40m over 48 months) because they wouldn't sell him any cheaper. Per Metersacker was my first target but wasn't interested in joining! I'm still flying high in the league, and haven't looked back!

i sold him to AC Milan at the start of season 2 for £41m. £8m upfront and £33m over 12 months. I only sold him because im trying to clear the debt and im not spending much either. Im half way through my third season now and have a transfer budget of £140m because i havent been spending

I've just sold Vidic for 33m upfront to the Dark Side (Real Madrid). I was offered a lot more the season before (09/10) but rejected it as he helped the club win the league. He became unhappy when i rejected the previous bids so I gave in and sold. I replaced him with Jack Rodwell and Fazio (from Sevilla). Paid well over the odds for Fazio mind you (40m over 48 months) because they wouldn't sell him any cheaper. Per Metersacker was my first target but wasn't interested in joining! I'm still flying high in the league, and haven't looked back!

You got ripped off dude. There's players who are just as good or better that you could have gotten for much less.

Archived