AI Comebacks

Hello,

Does anybody know the answer to the AI comebacks at the end of the game. Each time the AI goes to 4-2-4 at the end of the game, it seems that the late goal is pre-programmed. Changing to counter attack, pull back mids, time wasting. Nothing seems to help. Goals are anyway sometimes made by marvellous dribbles or shots from incredible distances by average players.

I have n ot at all that those late goals are the result of a real-time calculation, but the punishment for a non action by the human manager. Does somebody know the way to avoid those late goals?

Sod changing to counter attacking, change to defensive or contain. Is there also a chance that your players are getting complacent when you lead? If you're ahead at half time then you might want to change the team talk you give them.

play deeper (but not too deep or you'll invite pressure onto yourself). play a slower tempo so that your players aren't rushed into bad passes. use the shout 'clear ball to flanks' as i find it works very well. finally, play at a lower mentality around the 70th or 75th minute (ie. counter or defensive)

Only for use once 80mins have passed:

4-1-4-1

Contain

Slow pace

Short-passing

Counter-attack ticked

Just common sense settings for the players, ie, anchor man, s x defensive wingers, 2 x "support" MCs, etc.

I actually score more than I concede using this.

I love seeing the AI going to 4-2-4 as it almost guarantees me the win. I play a 4-4-2 with wing three-quarters (i.e. half way between the midfield and forwards) and that formation is really vulnerable (in 09 it even gave me about a 60% chance of getting another goal). The only concessions to holding out I make are to go to Control from Attacking at about 70mins. and turning up the time wasting and down the tempo if it is close.

Archived