The things that you do when playing FM

I always put the cursor in the bottom right corner during matches......

I use split screen on the match screen and the cursor always has to be in my player ratings column or I will lose lol.

I always have 22 players in squad and have 2 11's as it were and save the selection for "1st string" and "2nd string"... i tend to play the 2nd string in smaller cup competitions or the end of season when I cant move up or down in the table..

Strikers and keepers get single-digit uniform numbers. I always give loaned players uniform numbers 50+. Everyone on the senior roster gets at least one start per season. Always loan in a third GK. Always have one American on the club. Always try to sign all players with my last name that are in the active database, regardless of skill. Always try to schedule pre-season friendlies versus clubs I've played fun careers with in past FM saves (Darlington, SC Cambuur, Offenbach).

when the opposing team are taking a penalty i have to put the cursor on 1 of there players whos name is longer the my goalkeepers.

can be hard some times, have to pause it and check all the names in the stats screen........

I go for (my team) rating and league table as my standard view. ideally 2 players per position (plus selected young players) with a switch after a bad game (unless the sub didn't do much better), injury and so on, though obviously sometimes I use my judgement based on my situation. Numbers sometimes should be 1-11 and 12-22. Never manage a club in the same league (preferably country) as the one I've just left, try and buy at least one 'hot prospect' player 18yrs or under a year...

Also often do something else while playing, often watching something or reading (including work-related stuff, which works surprisingly well) and even writing (occasionally, as I'm the sort of person who contantly switches focus back and forth between things) using windowed mode and having the cursor over the FM bar so I can see what's going on (as long as the FM window isn't minimized, instead the other window is the one brought up and down). Who said men can't multitask? Obviously we can if one of the things is FM.

I go for (my team) rating and league table as my standard view. ideally 2 players per position (plus selected young players) with a switch after a bad game (unless the sub didn't do much better), injury and so on, though obviously sometimes I use my judgement based on my situation. Numbers sometimes should be 1-11 and 12-22. Never manage a club in the same league (preferably country) as the one I've just left, try and buy at least one 'hot prospect' player 18yrs or under a year...

Also often do something else while playing, often watching something or reading (including work-related stuff, which works surprisingly well) and even writing (occasionally, as I'm the sort of person who contantly switches focus back and forth between things) using windowed mode and having the cursor over the FM bar so I can see what's going on (as long as the FM window isn't minimized, instead the other window is the one brought up and down). Who said men can't multitask? Obviously we can if one of the things is FM.

FM trains men to multitask.lol.:D

when the opposing team are taking a penalty i have to put the cursor on 1 of there players whos name is longer the my goalkeepers.

can be hard some times, have to pause it and check all the names in the stats screen........

That is very strange mate.:D

Does it work?

That is very strange mate.:D

Does it work?

yano wat i think it does, maybe thats because it worked the first few times, but it reassures me my goalkeeper is going to have a chance of saving it......

should i seek help?.......lol

yano wat i think it does, maybe thats because it worked the first few times, but it reassures me my goalkeeper is going to have a chance of saving it......

should i seek help?.......lol

I advise you to visit your local hospital and ask politlely if you can be admitted.:D

The order in which I assign my subs when I'm deciding the match day line-up: first position is always the reserve goalkeeper, all the other subs must be in numerical order according to their squad number.

The order in which I assign my subs when I'm deciding the match day line-up: first position is always the reserve goalkeeper, all the other subs must be in numerical order according to their squad number.

subs order:

GK

ST

MD

MD

DF

DF

ST

subs order:

GK

ST

MD

MD

DF

DF

ST

Noooooo, why would you do that? :confused::confused::confused:

Always

GK

DEF

MD

MD

ST

And I order the Mids on there relative position.

DM

CM

AM

Oh and Right before left (in the instance of 2 of the same position :thup:)

And I always have the cursor in the top left

- My keepers get numbers 1 12 22, and a very good looking youngster 26 :p

- Get maximum 1 African, not for racist rules but for Africa Cup

- Get 1 DRL as sub, if he becomes a first-11 player buy another one :p

Always

GK

DEF

MD

MD

ST

DM

CM

AM

:D I'm almost the same. I usually have DF, MD, MD, ST, ST, and Centre comes first, left next and then right :o - for example my subs could look like this:

DC

DL

DR

CM

ST

I'm so weird :D.

Noooooo, why would you do that? :confused::confused::confused:

Always

GK

DEF

MD

MD

ST

DM

CM

AM

I always have used this formation for my subs.

Whilst playing Championship Manager 01-02 for a long time, and when my laptop was quick, i would also view a player's profile if they score during the match, and check their stats, even if they score more than once, i would view again, to check i miss-read his ability. My PC is a little poor nowadays, so i have to reduce to viewing to only the opposition, because it takes just too long.

My subs are:

GK

DR/L

DC

DM

CM

AM

CF

I always hover the cursor over the pause button in 2D.

I always make sure squad numbers are the same as in real life, despite wanting to make my preffered first 11 numbered 1-11, it just feels wrong!

I always make sure my 1st team squad isnt big enough that I have to scroll down to my strikers.

If I'm 2 or more goals up at HT I will make two substitutions. One being the goalkeeper and the other my best player in my squad unless he's on a hatrick or someone is severely unfit. (Saving the third substitution for an unexpected injury in the second half)

I refused to talk to my wife whenever i lost a match....

I kinda did that last night. Lost 0-4 at Millwall (as Leyton Orient). Went downstairs to watch Wigan v Liverpool and was dead snappy with the girlfriend. When I calmed down I was dead nice to her after that - she must really wonder about my mentality sometimes.

I will make a prediction of the result in the next match then make in imaginary bet using the odds given in the game and keep a season tally to see if I am up or down in terms of bet winnings.

Usually end up down, maybe I am just too ambitious sometimes!!

I know mate, it is very hard at the bottom of the league and with no transfer money plus the fact that 5 of my first team players are out injured.

ya...i know...worst still...when those highly egoed talented youth refused their second eyes on your club when asking for a loan...:mad:

i always play the game just with 1 hand :) lol

what do u do with the other hand? :p

on topic :- in preseason friendlies i always play 11 players first half and other 11 second.

- i never manage AC Milan ( my favourite team) because i'm ****ed off on the board

- i always set up my own friendlies and always reject the ass man sugestion to play against the reserves

Archived