Strikers... how to play them!!??

What Striker role do you think is most effective??

I know it depends on their attributes, but what do you find is the best standard roles (Advanced forwards most effective, or poachers, target men, deep lying forwards??)

Also, what do you think are the most important attributes for these roles and what roles play the best together?

Thanks

for eg, Drogba is a complete forward, while anelka may be best utilised as a supporting deep lying forward, or inside forward. Marlon Harewood perhaps a defensive forward or target man, plays well with a quick and technically proficient guy who can run off the last defender.

It all depends on physical stats imo

for eg, Drogba is a complete forward, while anelka may be best utilised as a supporting deep lying forward, or inside forward. Marlon Harewood perhaps a defensive forward or target man, plays well with a quick and technically proficient guy who can run off the last defender.

It all depends on physical stats imo

See I'd disagree with that. Harewood has pace so I'd play him up top with a target man allowing Harewood to chase the flick on, it works but then again I think they all 'work' and it's just a case of finding the one that gets the best out of the strikers, whoever they are.

See I'd disagree with that. Harewood has pace so I'd play him up top with a target man allowing Harewood to chase the flick on, it works but then again I think they all 'work' and it's just a case of finding the one that gets the best out of the strikers, whoever they are.

hmm i never had success that way. he'd always score crucial goals but never from chasing a ball. I'd always use him as a target man at Ipswich, but the other striker was quick too so i guess thats why. Too quick by championship standards anyway

Archived