Help downloading new patch

Help downloading patch.

I have just installed FM on to another computer. I have downloaded the patch to my documents, si then db folder. I have also downloaded winrar but every time I click on the patch it comes up saying use web service to find program or to select a program to run it on. I am a bit stuck as what to do.

I know it is something really simple but I cannot think at the moment.

Cheers

Just download it to your desktop, dont put it anywhere, then click on it and it will self install

No, I have point out that when I downloaded it and did the above it asked for me to find the program to run the patch with. You need to make sure that if you download the patch the file name ends with .exe

If it does it needs copying to your desktop (or wherever you want) and then you can double click and it will self extract.

If it doesn't edit the file name and add .exe at the end and the file type will switch to the FM10.3 patch installer then self extract as above.

I know to lots of people this is dead simple but some people are not computer literate and need this simple advice to help.

I have the same problem. I have added the .exe to the end of the filename, now it just runs the football manager 2010 game, doesnt mention any patch or update and only refers to 10.0 database.

Did you choose to run it with FM10 before changing the file name?

You'll have to reinstall the patch either way.

Archived