What's with the game's obsession with Turkey ?

I don't mean to sound racist or anything just to note some weird facts from my last game that went up to 2019. It might be just me and luck but it's really odd. The game seems obsessed with Turkey :confused:

- There are tons of newgens with great stats from Turkey, even I have 3 youth talent and 1 as first team choice and they are going to be 1st class stars. And I'm just 1 team.

- Germany and the national team (unlocked) are filled with players that have turkish names. I mean an insane amount of turkish names. The german names are going to be a minority if I keep playing.

- The same goes for Bulgaria, regens popping all over the place with bulgarian citizenship but names like Mehmet, Ahmet <bulgarian surname> etc.. which is completely wrong.

And as the game progresses they get more and more. Weird thing is that I haven't even selected Turkey as playable league or anything.

And ok I can accept that the regens from Turkey are just my luck - but the problem with these names taking over other countries is really strange - how does the game decide this?

Is it only me experiencing this?

None of these can justify it though. Deda Serbia was also under turkish yoke for centuries but you don't see their national team having all turkish names right :D As for Germany - true the population there is pretty big but It's just ridiculous - too unrealistic and spoils the game for me at least.

As for Germany - true the population there is pretty big but It's just ridiculous - too unrealistic and spoils the game for me at least.

Actually it's not that unrealistic. The only reason the German national team doesn't include more Turkish players is that many of them prefer to play for Turkey (for example Nuri Sahin). I guess in the game most players would prefer to play for Germany, since they tend to go for the team with the better reputation. Also the German national is not licensed, so they need to fill the team with young players.

And also Adem Ljajić, who switched from Partizan to Fiorentina this January. Adem is also a Turkish name, while Ljajić is a Serbian last name. The same thing you said about Bulgarians.

Hope this proves my point :)

Can't really comment overall but in my save one of England's best newgens was born in Istanbul (Turkish 2nd Nationality) and plays for Galatasaray.

Cinar.png

EDIT

Actually just looked through some of the squads and it seems reasonable to me.

I have Turkish players dotted around Germany, Italy & Spain but only in small numbers.

Actually i agree with the opening post here,as im currently in 2019 on my save,Serie A is littered with Turkish regens..not complaining as the two i have are amazing..i like to have the `live goal updates` whilst my match is playing and i always always see Turkish names/nationality popping up.

And also Adem Ljajić, who switched from Partizan to Fiorentina this January. Adem is also a Turkish name, while Ljajić is a Serbian last name. The same thing you said about Bulgarians.

Hope this proves my point

And what point is that? I agree it's not unrealistic to have a few players - I didn't say its unthinkable or impossible. I was just saying that the newgens take turkish names much more often and you start to meet turkified players from every country resulting in a bit strange ratio in the national teams.

morsy I said my german team is unlocked and 5 of their first team players are turkish. But yes the preference factor makes sense ;)

Edit:

Also this doesn't change the fact that turkish regens are more often than not - uber. :D

i have a few in my games but not like the ottoman empire conquering the world data. But in my game (england n spain leagues) i was getting loads of irish n northern irish good players but not world class. Still, i was lucky enough as i play leeds n so far have 6 world class players, n 3 of them r english. I might have 2 more english world class quality in 2 to 3 seasons time, so in my game it had been english. Thus, it could be random.

i have a few in my games but not like the ottoman empire conquering the world data. But in my game (england n spain leagues) i was getting loads of irish n northern irish good players but not world class. Still, i was lucky enough as i play leeds n so far have 6 world class players, n 3 of them r english. I might have 2 more english world class quality in 2 to 3 seasons time, so in my game it had been english. Thus, it could be random.

its not random so much as the countries that produce the best regens are generally the ones with a number of clubs that have top youth facilities.

So...I have to say that I have seen variations of this thread about the over-representation of Turkey. I will quickly state that some economists, especially those that look at sports modeling, have suggested that Turkey is among the next group of nations to emerge as economic powers in the world. These same economists have also suggested that this should carry-over into the sports world, specifically football/soccer. If the SI development team used any such modeling when planning for how nations and clubs on this game progress, then it stands to reason that Turkey would be among the nations whose footballing prowess grew at a faster rate than other nations.

So...I have to say that I have seen variations of this thread about the over-representation of Turkey. I will quickly state that some economists, especially those that look at sports modeling, have suggested that Turkey is among the next group of nations to emerge as economic powers in the world. These same economists have also suggested that this should carry-over into the sports world, specifically football/soccer. If the SI development team used any such modeling when planning for how nations and clubs on this game progress, then it stands to reason that Turkey would be among the nations whose footballing prowess grew at a faster rate than other nations.

If this is what SI has done then thats amazing, they really are dedicated to the realism of this game.

If so India and China should have world class players and these regens should over run the game in another couple of decades :rolleyes:

If this is what SI has done then thats amazing, they really are dedicated to the realism of this game.

Actually all they did was take into considering how many Germans have Turkish nationality. Or vice versa. Its why there are a lot of Mexicans with American nationality or vice versa. Brazilians with Italy or Portuguese. etc. etc. Argentians with Spanish or American with English or Irish.

The rest is just the game being senseable. Germany has top facilties so it will regen top player. China and India has billions of people but bad facilities. Hence lower quality regens and plus how much a nation cares about football/soccer is taken into account as well. Again hence why China and India have lower quality regen.

Plus before 10.3 the regens were off in FM10. There was a domestic regen bug. All good regens were foreign players and it was always of one random nation too. When I was Holland it was Spain and when I was Spain it was Italy. etc. etc.

If so India and China should have world class players and these regens should over run the game in another couple of decades :rolleyes:

Cricket is bigger in India and there is still too much poverty for many kids to get the chance to be trained at a top level. And China don't exactly have clubs with the same resources or facilities that many Turkish clubs do so their economic boom is unlikely to flow as strongly into sport.

i m from istanbul and there are no racism. you are right my friend. i play 10.3 now and i have understod after i saw this topic there are some foult in turkey data base.

i m playing this game for a long time and first time a lot of player from turkey (foreign, young, standart) are wanted by high class teams of europe.

Berkin arslan 17 years old-Real madrid, juventus

Hakan balta 27 lyon-arsenal

tello 30 totnham

baros 28 chealsea

servet çetin-manu

Kader Keite-man city r.madrid

tomas sivok- bayern

selcuk sahın-lyon psg

and more...

this is ridiculous. There ara no difference between past and now in turskish football.

i discussed this problem at www.turksportal.net ( turkish league researchers). but the informations they have given were not enough to understand the reasons and solutions.They said ''there are no problem for database. this problem results of game system.'' Could I learn the main reasons of this problem and how to fix ? becouse Turkish Leagues are not playable so far.

I want to learn who is responsible form this scandal

sorry for poor english

i m from istanbul and there are no racism. you are right my friend. i play 10.3 now and i have understod after i saw this topic there are some foult in turkey data base.

Thanks for the understand man. What more do you need to see that there's something wrong than someone from there telling you it's not quite right?

I'm far from the notion that Turkey do not have good or great players - of course they do! Their team is a very strong one and the league is developing, they can afford high wages and whatnot to get very good old footballers.

The regen system isn't working right though and since my observations were from 10.2 I'm looking forward to see how would this work in 10.3

Also for this kind of thing to happen means that Turkey's clubs must have all state of the art youth facilities? Which would be wrong I think

Have to agree with the Turkish regens theory - 2017 was my longest save so far and there were ridiculous amounts of Turkish regens. If ever my scouts reported to me about a young talent, you could guarantee 8 times out of 10 he was Turkish. I ended up not playing the save anymore as it got a bit silly and unrealistic.

I haven't played a long game in 10.3 yet.

I'm in 2018, all European Leagues loaded, 120k database. My game only has one Turkish superregen playing at Real Madrid. Most of the national squad are still real players. Must be coincidence then? Or maybe this only happens when you load a few leagues that make Turkey spawn better players ... strange !

If you read 'Why England Lose' by Simon Kuper and Stefan Szymanski (published a couple of years ago) they've done a huge amount of analysis as to why certain nations are successful and boil it down to population, wealth and experience of international football. Turkey has a large population which, more importantly, is increasing rapidly and has a low average age (so a large pool to choose from), is rapidly increasing in wealth (so more opportunities for kids to grow up playing football in good facilities, more money for clubs etc) and has now amassed a fairly lengthy record of playing international football at a good standard. All this suggests that Turkey (which as someone else pointed out doesn't have rival sports like cricket in India) is set to become an ever-improving European footballing power. It's no coincidence that Guus Hiddink has agreed to manage their international side after stints with Australia, South Korea and Russia all of which carry similar potential for the future, but (perhaps less so in Russia's case) lack a history of tactical organization.

i am from Turkey. and i will be honest in my sentences.

in Turkey football is nearly everything like Brazil.

for example Aziz Yıldırım who is the club chairman of Fenerbahce team has more reputation than our president. newspapers make more article about him than the president.

and every young man wants to be a footballer in future. not doctor , nor scientiest. this is bad i think. this makes our country poor and underachiever.

nothing can make a supporter more happy than winning against rivals. even we have no money in our pocket we can be happy if our team wins against rivals. so footbal is everything here.

and also i hate this stuation but its true our population is increasing more and more.

and some clubs has really good facilities. there are lots of investments on football and will be more.

i mean we can see that happen in future.

Because of the high development of Turkish football,this is not unrealistic.There are many young wonderkids from Turkey.

the point is not that there are many wonderkids from turkey but that the game seems to produce a lot more talented regens from turkey (or with turkish origin/name) than other countries...which is kinda weird

i d like to see talented players spread around the world

Yes please don't over-analyze this. It's just a game not real-life simulation. There's no way we can know what will happen. People in the 50s-60s believed we'd be space travelling and live in colonies in other planets by now :D And it's not that far-fetched a comparison as it may look :D

Yes please don't over-analyze this. It's just a game not real-life simulation. There's no way we can know what will happen. People in the 50s-60s believed we'd be space travelling and live in colonies in other planets by now :D And it's not that far-fetched a comparison as it may look :D

if it is just a game not real-life simulation what is the problem?? just play.

The problem is that I don't see Germany turning into Turkey2 and genius turkish footballers running all around Europe while everybody else just stands and watches. The problem is there needs to be a balance as this is not Turkey Manager 2010 :D

The problem is that I don't see Germany turning into Turkey2 and genius turkish footballers running all around Europe while everybody else just stands and watches. The problem is there needs to be a balance as this is not Turkey Manager 2010 :D

but i explained it.the real. why a German wants to play for Turkey? or why turnes to Turk. Germany has everything better according to Turkey.. have you ever seen that a Turkish player turned to İndian or Chinese?

Turkey were seen as easy opposition in international competition in the 80's and lost 8-0 to England twice (most recently 1987) within 15 years they were in a World Cup semi-final. The standard of Football there has increased exponentially in a short period of time and people who've done serious indepth analysis (Kuper et al) believe they'll be a major footballing power in years to come. Therefore I really can't see a problem here?

OP, have you tinkered around alot with the official editor and/or with a save game editor?

While some regens might/should have Turkish names, the extent of what you describe sounds odd. Maybe there is a flaw in the newgen calculation which was caused by something that somehow disrupted the according code. Just a wild guess of course.

i m playing this game for a long time and first time a lot of player from turkey (foreign, young, standart) are wanted by high class teams of europe.

I totally agree with you. I am a turkish man as well who has been playing this game for years. and I may say there are serious problems about transfers and player values. many turkish and foreign players who play in turkish legues are being transfered to high class teams with unrealistic values.

I like to play this game as a football simulation, not as an arcade unrealistic powerplayfull game. After 10.3 I hoped something would be changed but nothing has been changed. Also I really wanna know who is responsible becouse of these problems: SIgames or turkish editors, operators, officials etc ? If SIgames answer that question I ld be really appreciated.

I read all messages and some of em were really irrational. Yes turkish players are not bad but they are not world stars or world class players eighter. Only a few of them got some achievements for example: nihat kahveci, emre belözoğlu, tuncay şanlı, tugay kerimoğlu etc... ( I mention players who are borned in Turkey and advanced other leagues )

football mannager is a simulation which works with the past and current experiences. in that case people "must" accept that turkish football hasnt been developed as other countries which have got really important achievements in the football history and market.

In a short period ( last 10 15 years ) turkish football has been really developed but that development still isnt enough to challange other high quallity leagues or national teams. There are still a lot of work to get more stability and achievements or needed more investments and basics.

thanks...

My guesses;

Overrated youth facilities for Turkish clubs in Editor +

Overrated young Turkish players in the editor, I tend to believe FM uses existing CA/PA values of player pool for future newgens to keep the values consistent +

Massive Turkish Population and huge Turkish immigrant community all around Europe comparing to other nations in Europe. Assuming FM uses population as a factor when it comes to creating newgens +

IRL there are lots of young players in central Europe with Turkey as their second nation, although not many are top class still vastly numbered +

Bad luck with random number generator...

IRL Turkish football has developed significantly during the last two decades but it is still nowhere close to be considered as one of the top leagues in Europe nor Turkey is producing some of the most talented European players yet. I doubt that it is going to happen within near future. I think we will see more Turkish(either first or second nationality) players in Europe during the following years but some of the numbers mentioned above does not sound feasible. Another way to put this; we have not yet seen a club paying more than 10m€ for any Turkish players up to this day.

I think Mesut Ozil will enter the records as the most expensive Turkish player soon. And remember that he picked the German national team over Turkey. He is a perfect example for the Turkish-German players/newgens FM creates.

In my game I'm managing Fenerbahce (yes, I'm from Turkey :) ), and in my second season this 16 year old wonderkid newgen popped up in one of the small Turkish clubs with average youth facilities. He has German as second nationality (or vice versa) and he picked German national team. He is considered the next Michael Ballack.

Other than him I saw 4-5 more very promising newgens already. If that is excessive for just 1 year, I don't know. I have to play a few more seasons to decide.

Archived