Worried by the lack of managerial discipline???

Maybe it means, for example, after a player gets a blatant red card in a match, you're not disciplining them, with a warning or a fine. Or when a player speaks out about wanting to leave the club. Just examples that might affect this.

Maybe it means, for example, after a player gets a blatant red card in a match, you're not disciplining them, with a warning or a fine. Or when a player speaks out about wanting to leave the club. Just examples that might affect this.

yeah this is exactly what it means.

When you start disciplining your players this will stop.

Sometimes I discipline players and they say im bullying them pretty much.

Yeah you've got to be careful. I never fine a player for their first sending off in a season, I always warn them. You;ve got to take a few factors into consideration, like was it a straight red, was it blatant, have they been sent off before this season, even the player personality. For me, if Mascherano gets sent off, i'm usually a bit more leniant with him because of his role for the team as a ball winner. It's tough to call sometimes but you learn from experience!

Yeah you've got to be careful. I never fine a player for their first sending off in a season, I always warn them. You;ve got to take a few factors into consideration, like was it a straight red, was it blatant, have they been sent off before this season, even the player personality. For me, if Mascherano gets sent off, i'm usually a bit more leniant with him because of his role for the team as a ball winner. It's tough to call sometimes but you learn from experience!

very true and good points this is the factors that i personally use.

You have to discipline them via the drop down box that appears in the news item after the game.

In addition, after a match, players get a rating. if the rating is low right click on the player and the option to discipline is present.

discipline options usually start at a rating of 6.4 or lower.

although i cant prove this, i believe that you need to take your squad personality (professional, sporting and tempermental would be best) into account, quality of staff (man management and discipline attributes in particular), friendly or cup match (why fine a key player in a match when results dont matter), first offence or regular occurence (especially dirty players), respect the players have (i.e. your reputation), favoured personel (making a player unhappy with you also makes their friends unhappy with you; a player who has you as a favoured personel would react more favourably), are you applying the same levels of discipline to everyone (or do you fine some more than others), quality of referee that made the decision (check match comentary/analysis and advice from your ass man if available)

The problem is I have a habit of giving SI too much credit!

This is what I do:

- warning in friendlies or minor drops in performance (6.0 - 6.4)

- fine a weeks wages if 5.9 or lower

- fine two weeks wages if suspended for more than one match

in all cases taking into account if the player was a key player or hot prospect, if the player started the match or was a sub, if the referee is good or bad!

FYI: by the same token you can use the same right click to praise players. This is a fantastic tool to build morale or have players have you as favorite personel - which in turn has a massively positive effect on performance. The key criteria on praise is their personality... a light-hearted backup individual needs praise on an average performance; a world class, key player, professional individual would be annoyed if you praised for anything other than perfection!

If you want to rule with an iron fist then it's very simple:

Fine them maximum every time they get sent off.

Don't even attempt to micro-manage your team - always well done team when you win and always angry when you lose.

Any player that criticizes you - sell him as soon as possible.

Only sign players with high determination and high work rate.

Just do that consistently and you will end up with a hard-working, determined and loyal squad and you will be a successful tyrant. Believe me - it works.

i issue a warning for two yellow cards in a match

and i give 1 week fine when sending off.

i think this is normal discipline.

also i realized that when i give fine them their aggresion drops 1 point ( when they accept the fine)

I have had this happening on my save, seems to be since 10.3. Strangely I am confused as to why.

I always discipline for sending off and poor performance. Yet I have had this message almost constantly for the last half season.

No idea how to sort it, fortunately, it seems to not be affecting (effecting? I can never remember which to use) my results, especially as it is mainly my keeper with the issue.

I issue cards using the following rules, which is good, since I never get discipline worries:

2 Yellows - Issue a warning

Red Card - Issue 1 weeks fine

Violent Behaviour - Issue 2 weeks fine

Missed Training - Warning on 1st miss, then 1 weeks fine on 2nd miss, then 2 weeks fine on every other miss.

I have had this happening on my save, seems to be since 10.3. Strangely I am confused as to why.

I always discipline for sending off and poor performance. Yet I have had this message almost constantly for the last half season.

No idea how to sort it, fortunately, it seems to not be affecting (effecting? I can never remember which to use) my results, especially as it is mainly my keeper with the issue.

Affecting.

I have seen players complain about discipline if I am too generous with my praise. It happened once after I accidentally hit "good effort" for a 2-0 defeat to Stoke City (away from home).

Archived