Does anyone have an assistant manager...

... who isn't a complete tool?

My backroom "advice" meetings are normally simply a way of injecting some much-needed frivolity into the serious work of going about trying to succeed in this game.

Today, I was informed by one of my coaches that he thought the current formation was not the right one, and glancing to the side I found that my AM agreed with him. Thinking to myself "ah, but I know better," I skipped this message and was rewarded by one telling me that another coach thought the formation was the right one.

And my eager-to-please AM agreed with him too.

Pranny.

Get a better one :) look for Judging Player Ability, Judging Player Potential, Tactical Knowledge (NOT Tactical Coaching) Man Management and Motivating as base stats. Discipline and Determination are also useful. Think I had Rui Cacador as AssMan on 10.2 and could pretty much leave everything to him without worrying about it. There are good ones out there you just have to find them. Can also try and get Nigel Gibbs if you're on more of a budget.

Oh, I've had ones with good and bad stats and they still contradict themselves, screw up any press conferences you let them take, offer silly team talk advice, and so on. About the only reason I bother having them any more is to filter out unrealistic targets on player searches.

Yeh Ass Men that you ask to select eligble for league and they pick 6 youngsters even though they have to be registered, and then you're 30 year old is left out because of this.

Ass Men in the game are really thick.

About the only reason I bother having them any more is to filter out unrealistic targets on player searches.

Actually that is their most useful role :)

If you give them time to settle into the club they get a lot better. On the Backroom Advice screen there's a Club Knowledge Bar and I think a Player Knowledge bar? I don't listen to anyone who doesn't have full green on those.

Archived