HELP NEEDED: Can't stop buying youngsters!

I think I developed a serious case of 'Wenger Syndrome'. Hoarding no end of youngsters for my squad... my U18 and Reserve teams are not big enough to accomodate the influx and there's no way I am going to put them into first team action or send them out on loan!

Half the fun of the game for me is nurturing young talent into the best... but its become something of an obsession for me, just signing ever player which has a PA of two and a half stars or over.

I cant help myself!

Is someone aware of how to overcome this addiction??

I too have this problem,not as bad though.the fault is also down to generated youngsters being so temptingly good.check out the "best 14 yr old regen" thread in the general discussion forum.

I think I developed a serious case of 'Wenger Syndrome'. Hoarding no end of youngsters for my squad... my U18 and Reserve teams are not big enough to accomodate the influx and there's no way I am going to put them into first team action or send them out on loan!

Half the fun of the game for me is nurturing young talent into the best... but its become something of an obsession for me, just signing ever player which has a PA of two and a half stars or over.

I cant help myself!

Is someone aware of how to overcome this addiction??

I know the feeling :D

In my Liverpool save, nearing the end of my second season and my youth team has 10 players worth £1million or more, while my first team has 6 players who're under 20 and potential superstars :D

I am also like this, so I started with Portsmouth to overcome my 'need to buy amazing youngsters' :p Simple fact.. you cannot afford them.

This gives me an idea for a new SI game:

"Psycho Manager"

See how many nutters you can get re-habilitated into society, taking into account NIMBYs, social experts etc etc.

See if you can get one into government, dashed, already beaten to it.

You get my drift. Good whisky this.

18 and still not good enough to be a star for youth team -> sell him

19 and still not good enough to be registered for 25 man squad -> sell him

20 and still not good enough to be registered for 16/18 man match day squad -> sell him

21 and still not good enough to be given first team football in rotation -> sell him

22 and still not good enough to be given first team football as a a starter (unless waiting behind a superstar) -> sell him

23 and still considered as a young player with no real use -> kill him

Follow my magic rules and you will be fine. As long as you can break up with them as easy as you sign them then you will be fine. If you are buying them cheap, you can make good money by selling them. Do not get fooled by "what if's and maybe's" He is good or not! nothing in-between helps.

Loaning usually does not help development, it can help if you need him to reside in certain country / learn language / etc but stats wise better keep him in your team.

Archived