Should Be Removed From FM

What Do You Feel Should Be Removed From The FM Game

Lets Be Honest How Many Of Us Use OI 0r Go To A Press Conferences

Can Theses Be Removed Which Will In Turn Speed Up The Game

Or Can Something Els Be Added ; Like Build Your Own Facilities

I Sure Would Love To Be Able To Build My Own Ground Like In LMA Manger Which Was The Olny Good Point Off That Game I Feel

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats with the capitalising of every word?

Anyway lets see:

Press Conferences

I use them, didn't last year but my AM this time is a bit rubbish and it doesn't take long once you get used to the questions. Needs some improvement though.

OI

Really important and can have a large bearing on a match.

and yet you want to get rid of them for "Build your own facilities" which has nothing to do with the manager :rolleyes:

Don't remove anything, just make sure it can be handed over to the AssMan or a PA/Club secretary. That way if you want to really immerse yourself in everything you can, and if you want a quicker game you can leave it to your staff. Think it all works fine the way it is.

Yes i guess that would suite all .

This is the one area that has massive potential to be a really good feature in the game. I hope in FM11 they improve the whole Press, Rumours, and Fans section ten fold. It is what is really missing in this game.

An ass man with high motivating means I only go to press conferences when I want to. Better ass mans or a new "press handling" attribute would be nice tho.

Opposition instruction are vital. Must be out of your mind if you think they are useless. Only big teams with a Galactico line up doesn't need them.

Another one of these pointless threads. I go to every press conference. Build your own ground? The game is football manager, not builder's ar5ecrack.

You're right up to a point. I think if you've been at a club long enough and built them up so that they out grow their stadium you should get an input. It's naive to think that in that situation the manager gets no input - look at how much Wenger influenced the move to Ashburton Grove and the stadium subsequently built largely to suit his vision for the club. Even if you just get to have an input on facilities or a few stadium designs it's all part of a manager's role.

So Arsene Wenger's job description is 'Arsenal manager', but something that he's done isn't part of a manager's job? Not picking a fight here but just pointing out the flawed logic. I agree it's not something every manager has input into but when you reach a certain status within the club you would have a say. Why can't this be represented in the game?

I would like those confidence % bars removed. I don't like them. I would like how the board and fans think of me done a different more realistic way. And calculated better.

Press conferances and team talks should go to 2. I hate them.

I would like those confidence % bars removed. I don't like them. I would like how the board and fans think of me done a different more realistic way. And calculated better.

Press conferances and team talks should go to 2. I hate them.

Confidence bars - yes, they were introduced in FM09 and were awful. They're much improved in FM10 but still need further progress.

Press Confs and team talks - you just don't know how to manage them. Read the threads in the Tactics forum. Unlike building stadia, they are very much part of a manager's job. What manager doesn't give a teamtalk (I type this as Villa come out from O'Neill's halftime talk and immediately bang 3 in)? Press conferences are due to be compulsory for EPL managers next season. They have to stay - improved yes, but stay.

So how would you improve press conferences? I think the problem with them is the time they take too long irl and as such they suffer when they're condensed for playability's sake. Can't imagine taking 15 minutes before every league game to answer questions, then again when they snatch 3 minutes at half time and then the obligatory post match press conferences for a variety of different broadcasters. Being realistic here will be tough.

Confidence bars - yes, they were introduced in FM09 and were awful. They're much improved in FM10 but still need further progress.

Press Confs and team talks - you just don't know how to manage them. Read the threads in the Tactics forum. Unlike building stadia, they are very much part of a manager's job. What manager doesn't give a teamtalk (I type this as Villa come out from O'Neill's halftime talk and immediately bang 3 in)? Press conferences are due to be compulsory for EPL managers next season. They have to stay - improved yes, but stay.

I know, I just don't like it.

I don't like the fact everything I do on a match day could all be for nothing for simply selecting the wrong multiple choice option or the fact I got it right I won the game.

People who can be bothered with them have discovered the pattern. Whether its one thing for players who have ratings 6.7, 5.3, 7.5. Everyone has to sit and figure out the pattern that works which is tedious, or just look it up.

I'm sure martin o'neil never did that at half time. It would probably been a few mintues bollocking, followed by a few minutes of what they are doing wrong finished off with what they should be doing better. Its not quite the same as what we got.

I'm sure martin o'neil never did that at half time. It would probably been a few mintues bollocking, followed by a few minutes of what they are doing wrong finished off with what they should be doing better. Its not quite the same as what we got.

I agree to an extent here but it's all about your perception of what's happening in the game. For your example the bollocking would come from the team talk (angry/disappointed). Then in terms of what they're doing wrong/need to improve this will come from your tactics. If your right back is giving their winger too much space use opposition instructions to get him closed down quicker. If you want the team to get stuck in more then change tacking from normal to hard, if you want your strikers to stop snatching at their shots then lower the tempo a notch or two. It's just your perception of the interface that makes team talks seem unrealistic and I doubt you're alone. Maybe it's this that needs to be changed for FM11.

So how would you improve press conferences? I think the problem with them is the time they take too long irl and as such they suffer when they're condensed for playability's sake. Can't imagine taking 15 minutes before every league game to answer questions, then again when they snatch 3 minutes at half time and then the obligatory post match press conferences for a variety of different broadcasters. Being realistic here will be tough.

For starters there shouldnt be hidden meanings in what you say. If I say a player "should fit in well" it shouldnt annoy him for some reason. Its almost like they are trick questions.

It just doesnt seem to make any sense half the time. If you have to do them and I suppose you do sometimes, maybe it should be more like your asked a question and your options to answer are different like "give positive answer" give "netral answer" or give "negative answer". I don't think it should have any effect on the players anyway.

Saying that though, I would like to see some press conferances or media interviews from my chairman and players once in a while.

I agree to an extent here but it's all about your perception of what's happening in the game. For your example the bollocking would come from the team talk (angry/disappointed). Then in terms of what they're doing wrong/need to improve this will come from your tactics. If your right back is giving their winger too much space use opposition instructions to get him closed down quicker. If you want the team to get stuck in more then change tacking from normal to hard, if you want your strikers to stop snatching at their shots then lower the tempo a notch or two. It's just your perception of the interface that makes team talks seem unrealistic and I doubt you're alone. Maybe it's this that needs to be changed for FM11.

Now here I'm with you. That's EXACTLY what I would have replied :thup:

Remove the Managers salary! It is costing the club a bomb. On my 10th season as Leeds and being paid 165k Euros per week. And please can SI break down what are the Non Football Costs. They are costing me far too much as well. The club paid 53mill euros for last year, and wages were 60mill euros. I think SI trying to make much more level playing field in terms of financial. In my game for FM2008, my Leeds was already swimming in 1bill euro cash. Now its only 140mill euros.

It's just your perception of the interface that makes team talks seem unrealistic and I doubt you're alone. Maybe it's this that needs to be changed for FM11.

I think your right. They definately need some big changes to how its done imo, but its one of those things thats very hard to simulate, so I don't know what.

I think your right. They definately need some big changes to how its done imo, but its one of those things thats very hard to simulate, so I don't know what.

I think the tactics creator and touchline shouts have really made a big jump in this department. Putting what the sliders do into terms that make footballing sense. Maybe putting the touchline shouts menu in as a phase of the HT team talk like the whole match flow would be a good idea, or an assistant manager rating /10 on how effective the opposition instructions have been. This way half time would go team talk> tactics with shouts modifiers available> opposition instructions with feedback.

Remove the Managers salary! It is costing the club a bomb. On my 10th season as Leeds and being paid 165k Euros per week. And please can SI break down what are the Non Football Costs. They are costing me far too much as well. The club paid 53mill euros for last year, and wages were 60mill euros. I think SI trying to make much more level playing field in terms of financial. In my game for FM2008, my Leeds was already swimming in 1bill euro cash. Now its only 140mill euros.

Of course managers don't get paid do they :rolleyes:

I Sure Would Love To Be Able To Build My Own Ground Like In LMA Manger Which Was The Olny Good Point Off That Game I Feel

I use both. Press confences can be key to getting results and I don't think many people realise just how much of an edge they can give you. It's sending your assman if he is good enough but we don't all have that luxury so sometimes it's a neccessity to sit through them yourself.

Opposition instructions, you wan't them removed as you don't really use them? These can also swing the games in your favour so your a fool if you don't.

Please boss, can I work for free?

Could you really see yourself saying this in real life?

ok my bad. Its just that with such big paycheck there is nothing to do with it and it just take up club's resources. Anyway, i think i am more annoyed with d current financial model. Weekly salary is half of d budgeted amount, and im winning most tournaments but still making only 2 mill profits, and my player sales more than offset buying new players. So maybe not remove manager salary as im all for making d game more realistic. My salary as a manager is actually 15% of the club total wage structure, which i felt was weird. Maybe lower it?

You're right up to a point. I think if you've been at a club long enough and built them up so that they out grow their stadium you should get an input. It's naive to think that in that situation the manager gets no input - look at how much Wenger influenced the move to Ashburton Grove and the stadium subsequently built largely to suit his vision for the club. Even if you just get to have an input on facilities or a few stadium designs it's all part of a manager's role.
Arsene Wenger AND ....?

It's not part of a manager's job.

So Arsene Wenger isn't a manager?
well yes he is, but your allowed to think a little also.. he meant that just because Wenger does it doesnt mean that it is a part of a manager's job..

Arsene is different from other managers, he is much more than just a manager. He is the guy behind Arsenal's success, and this is because he graduated with a masters from Institut Européen d'Etudes Commerciales Supérieures de Strasbourg

While other managers are making tactics and raising team morale, Wenger quietly plans out the future of the club financially.

He is the man behind Arsenal's success and is IMO one of a kind. It be stupid to compare Wenger's achievements with Arsenal to ordanary managers or a Football Managing game.

It be stupid to compare Wenger's achievements with Arsenal to ordanary managers or a Football Managing game.

Not being funny but isn't trying to be Wenger what everyone who plays this game is aiming to achieve? Build a club up around your own philosophy and lead them to success both on and off the pitch? Why is it "stupid" to want to be able to emulate that fully in a football management game?

I have to say that first off this is computer game and its primary function is to provide fun to us costumers.

With that said, I do say the realism in this type of game should be good point, but not when it diverts the fun of the game. A good balance between the two should be achieved to provide more enjoyment in the game as possible.

No matter how much people say Press Conferences are realistic and all that, doesn't provide much fun and after while can be tedious job of answering the same questions over and over again. But also I don't know about you, but choosing multianswer like "quiz" doesn't sound very realistic. i doubt that real managers have five chocies of answer when they do their Press Conferences.

When I buy game, I want to enjoy it and have great fun in play it. If you want tedious thing you have plenty in your jobs and or studies, or waiting in traffic to go to work or going home, or waiting line in airport to go on vacation. Personally I have plety of tedious in my life and last thing I want is in a game.

What I want removed?

Well:

- Press Conferences - As stated above

- Team Talks - I want them to remove this team talks and completely reinvent them. Make it more clear in its phrases that we understand what exactly affect the players.

- 3D - please stop using graphics that look so 90's with such high minimal requirements it asks. It only shows how poorly the 3D is programed to ask so much for the computer to have so cheesy graphics.

- Transfer System - remove this transfer System and place the old one. We are pretty much in exact same place as before and the other system made more sense and only needed some tweaks and not total revamp.

- UI - It is appaulling and way too much complex. Maybe it can improved if there wasn't like 20 windows for the exact same thing.

Personal request

Make it more graphical then it is now and less text.

No way, press conferences are mandatory for managers in real life and they get asked the same pointless, uninspired and inane questions every week. Hopefully in future editions the AI will be good enough that the press and media self-evolve through the game and become generally less generic.

Building own stadia has nothing to do with managing though, unless you mean in editor.

If you want tedious thing you have plenty in your jobs and or studies, or waiting in traffic to go to work or going home, or waiting line in airport to go on vacation. Personally I have plety of tedious in my life and last thing I want is in a game.

You have missed the point of FM in my opinion. It's a football managment simulation, obviously, and if you treat it as pure fantasy then the game becomes completley redundant in my view. Football managment is intricate and requires a s**t load of planning and discipline, this is reflected in this game more and more and it's all the better for it. Without this aspect to the game it'd become very boring, because after all if you can't be in control of building a club then what's the point? You can defer responsibility to your assistants anyway so i don't know what the problem is?

What I want removed?

Well:

- Press Conferences - As stated above

- Team Talks - I want them to remove this team talks and completely reinvent them. Make it more clear in its phrases that we understand what exactly affect the players.

- 3D - please stop using graphics that look so 90's with such high minimal requirements it asks. It only shows how poorly the 3D is programed to ask so much for the computer to have so cheesy graphics.

- Transfer System - remove this transfer System and place the old one. We are pretty much in exact same place as before and the other system made more sense and only needed some tweaks and not total revamp.

- UI - It is appaulling and way too much complex. Maybe it can improved if there wasn't like 20 windows for the exact same thing.

Personal request

Make it more graphical then it is now and less text.

I'm sure they are trying to improve the match graphics for christ sake!! :D It's relativley new to FM. Did you ever play just with the text commentary in the 90's? We didn't complain then did we, even when fifa was out.

The same with team talks etc, this will, hopefully, evolve to be more organic and less gratingly cliche

Still do not understand wht a lot of people are so negative to the inclusion of manager personal lives, stadium/facility creation, kit/sponsor design... and other slightly gimmick but fun ideas added to Football manager.

Do people realise adding these kind of things will actually improve sales and make FM reach a far greater audience?

As all things, they can be a removable/deselected option.

If you do not like it, do not do it.

The mentality of "This is nothing to do with a manager" is only going to make FM boring in the long run and quite detremental to the series when another company will come along and make a match engine that is on par to FM with far better graphics and a lot more interesting/diversive/immersive game-play.

While I do not really care if these things are added or not, I do see outside the square and people need to remember this is a game. :rolleyes:

I dont use PCs because they are boring and useless and when I get promoted, my board wont build a new stadium despite having no room to expand. So Id love to be in better control of the stadium because Ive never had a new stadium for QPR in any version of the game, even after getting into the CL.

It's a game that has been successful by focusing only on the core aspects of football management, rather than gimmicky add ons.

Why would SI change a winning formula?

Well if SI does it really well instead of just leaving it half-finished like press conferences then it could help make the game better.

The only gimmicky add ons I want is improving the press, rumours and the fans massively, as it is a part of everyday managing IRL.

Archived