Stuart Pearce the England Manager

My save was started under 10.2 and is now on 10.3 in the season 2014/15.

In 2012, after winning the European Football Championship, Capello retired and Stuart Pearce was promoted. (I filled the vacancy as under 21 manager).

Since then England has not filled its potential, while his record is good in qualifiers his record in the 2014 world cup saw England knocked out by the Czech Republic in the Second Round after losing to Iran in the group stage.

Part of this reason is his choice of midfield players, he seems to be unable to decide who will fill his central attacking midfield position.

His last qualifier saw him play Rodwell and Barry in central midfield along with Gerard as a sub.

Now Rodwell is currently on my subs bench in my Newcastle team, he can't get a game because I have Wilshere and a English Regen who are keeping him there. Yet poor Wilshere can't get on the bench for England.

Now I am not knocking Gerard or Barry, despite being their advancing years, both still play week in, week out for their respective teams, but Wilshere looks far superior to both of them when you do a comparison.

During previous matches Rodwell has been the only constant starter, the other central midfielder has changed every match between Joe Cole, Reo-Coker, Hargreaves and Gerrard. No player has started two matches in a row in this position, this goes back over 10 matches.

Has anyone else seen Pearce making poor choices or has he won anything in your saves?

I am hoping he gets sacked before the next competition, so I can step up to the plate and lead England to another trophy.

On my Havant and Waterlooville save (2023) England have slumped to 23rd in the world rankings. He's been there since Capello was retired in 2012. England went out in the group stages in 2014 and havent qualified for a tournament since... and he's still in the job!

Archived