Team Struggles In Second Season

Hey.....

So I just finished my season with Fulham. Now I do not have a lot of new signings but I just lost against Stoke 2-6. This is completely unrealistic because I finished in 7th place. My team is motivated and almost 100%.................

Pls. help me with my team.

2nd Season this sure throws a spanner in the works for me. As you've got yourself new signings, some times it just happens some times your playing your signings to early, I would just bear it out. Just blame the odd bad result on the 2nd season syndrome. I do, even if I kind of made this up.

Again, don't worry about changing tactics for now. Probably just an off day. It happens.

I got thrashed 3-0 by Portsmouth a while ago, then went on to win two matches in a row against Chelsea and Liverpool... just a matter of luck sometimes

Big turnaround there mate, well done

I am neing dominated by teams like QPR.……I still wom thanks to Schwarzer……I told them to play counter instead of attacking and I won three games in a row against low table teams by the same 1-0 margin ....... I used to dominate these teams ........ There has to be something wrong........

Pls help

Possible reasons:

Morale - Obvious really, but if a player's morale has dropped so will his performances, generally speaking.

Condition - If you've been constantly playing the same players then they'll be fatigued and won't be performing as highly.

Tactics - It's possible opposing managers have sussed you out if you're using the same tactics every game, trying mixing it up a little. Or it may just generally be the tactics you're employing. Remember, what works effectively against one team probably won't for the next.

Pitch condition - Lower teams tend to have less maintained pitches, which can affect performance - especially if you play a passing game.

Weather - Windy/rainy/cold conditions can affect player performances, especially foreign players who won't be used to it.

Relegation battlers - If you're playing teams fighting for survival they'll be defending for their lives and will usually set up to be difficult to break down, especially when they're at home. A good example would be Wolves v Man United today.

The only other thing I can suggest is if you're dominating but failing to convert chances/possessions into goals it may just be down to your forwards.

y isnt anyone replying????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I m being dominated by Bristol City and loosing...................my team plays good one game and sucks the other................and its not just a couple its my whole team?????????????

why?

I'm gonna give a serious answer. It should help.

2nd season syndrome as it is called is common.

It is mostly because of 2 things that happen. One is quite new in FM2010 and even more visible with 1.3. The other one was there before but somehow easier to go around.

1 Your team reputation within domestic competition grows accordingly to media expectations. This will make other teams approach your club with more caution/aggression. This might be beating your custom tactics from last season.

2 The more new players you buy, the more tactics tweaks you implement, the more players personalities deffer, the more bad results you get - that more you will perform worse. Gelling, motivation, personality, adjusting to tactics and football style, learning language and communication and complacency/consistency became a major factor in FM2010. I'd suggest playing as tactically consistent as possible in the second season, avoid signing of over 2-3 first team players (5 players in total) per season, paying attention to their personality and motivation.

I did sign a new target striker Milevsky. Blackburn was really aggressive. What should I do? Should I just go throught the season as it is or slate some changes necessary? Is the third season like this?

Stick with your tactics from first game, just change mentality (starting strategy) slightly, and change attacker and wide players roles and duties (or swap midfielder roles). Don't go further than this.

Always play at least 4 friendlies in pre-season implementing your tactics. Letting your AssMan do it spoils your entire season. He implements tactics and instructions of his own.

After 15-20 games you will settle and you will be surprised how good your team is becoming.

Keep the morale up, price extensively away, be usual at home. After a run of good results demand more and more, after a run of bad results be more forgiving.

Don't be afraid to fine players after under 5.0 rating game. After declaring mistreatment they always forgive you after 2 weeks or so. If they don't, fine them more and release on free/sell. :D

Don't keep the same tactic as last season. Change tactics every season. If you keep the same one, chances are teams will begin to guess it and know how to get past you.

Sorry but in my opionion this is rubbish. I keep the same tactic home and away and have won everything with this tactic. It is my own tactic and is a standard 442 attacking but with some tweaks and individual player instructions.

Dont let other teams dictate what tactic to use or you will always be messing with your tactics and you will never get a steady rythym going. Play to your strengths and not the other teams weaknesses, otherwise you will be there all day analysing the opposition tactics and every game will be different.

This is my opinion and is the way I play the game and has a proven track record.

I changed from a 442 last season to a 41212 with a AMC and DMC. I am abou 20 games in the season. Should I keep this one or change back to 442. And what do u mean by change player roles? And now thatyou mention it I totally forgot to play friendliest LOL.

yeah and i drew against west ham...................the thing is that if some of my players struggle the whole team struggles and if some players do good the whole team does good.........................so what i am saying is that my team is really moody. Is it my tactics?

and has anyone ever noticed this that whenever you question the referee decision the FA warns you every time. I had a horrible decision which cost me two points and even the commentary said "That was a harsh decision!"...............I questioned them and they lashed out at me.

y isnt anyone replying????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I m being dominated by Bristol City and loosing...................my team plays good one game and sucks the other................and its not just a couple its my whole team?????????????

why?

FFS! :mad:

Give us information, then someone might give you advice. Nobody is able to help on the basis of what you provided so far. People will on top of that be happier to do so after the person with the problem says something along the lines of 'pretty please'

On top of that there are numerous threads about this issue already. You could have used them in the first place and secondly most of them contain advice which may have solved your problem, had you made any effort. Just do a search and you will sind various replies which may do the trick for you :)

well what kind of info do yall want............. i told you that i rotate my team, am looking for a tactic, cant find a suitable one nor do i know where to search for one...............so instead of yelling its better if you guys talk like humans.

all of the above is solid advice. i have had this on my bristol city season. finished 8th first season in prem then had a really poor half season in season 2. but came back strongly. my issue was not enough rotation and strikers were not firing on all cylinders. however i finsihed 4th after a string of 21 games unbeaten. was by end of october 19th but squad picked up.

another hint maybe teamtalks if you lose to lower rep teams dont use harsh tactics try the wish luck and encourage features thats how i got my squad going

all of the above is solid advice. i have had this on my bristol city season. finished 8th first season in prem then had a really poor half season in season 2. but came back strongly. my issue was not enough rotation and strikers were not firing on all cylinders. however i finsihed 4th after a string of 21 games unbeaten. was by end of october 19th but squad picked up.

another hint maybe teamtalks if you lose to lower rep teams dont use harsh tactics try the wish luck and encourage features thats how i got my squad going

thank you :thup: thats what i call advice.

Now i am begging all of you to help me.

Players from teams like QPR are stepping past my top defenders like Spurr, Hangeland. I can not for the love of me tackle and dispossess anyone.

My players are literally handing the ball to the opponents who simply walk away with a goal............this is atrocious and completely unbelievable..............

It is not realistic at all............................fm needs to fix this.

Archived