Another anoying bug in 10.3 not noted before

new manager, experiance is automatic. so cant get any big jobs . start off with wrexham who offered me a job. few months down the line of my 1st season . QPR say im odds on to get the job as there looking to sack there current manager.. low down in blue square to being offered a championship club is abit unrealistic... also i kno if i said yes i would be interested and then applied i wouldnt get the job anyway... so y say im odds on....

That's not a bug imo, it's the press speculating just like they do irl as like you say yourself if you applied you wouldn't get the job. I'm starting to get the same thing happening in my game, managing Celtic for 3 seasons with auto reputation and just been linked to the Barcelona job among others.

See the following thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=163285

Essentially, the automatic reputation option doesn't seem to work as it used to in older FMs.

In my experience, I have been given a reputation that is too high when starting unemployed and that therefore explains why the OP has ended up with an unrealistic job offer. When starting in the bottom division, selecting Sunday League gives the desired effect.

What does automatic reputation actually mean?

Good question.

It used to mean that, when starting unemployed, you would be given a reputation value so that you could get a job in the lowest division that you had loaded.

Now, it just seems to be entirely random to me. I've no idea what they have done to it but it clearly doesn't work.

So to confirm i shold be on sunday league to give me lowest rank? without being offered bigger jobs

Yes, Sunday League is the best option for starting in the lowest division.

From my understanding Automatic reputation gives you the reputation of the club you first choose to manage, if you choose to be unemployed you'll get offers from the lowest available division clubs (Murcia in my case), but once you do get the job, your reputation is of that division's level, in my case the level was enough to get a job for Seville next season.

If you play with Conference, you shouldn't be able to get League Two+ offers, Conference should be the "best" you'll get until you prove yourself.

But.. who knows, I mean, Grant was Chelsea's manager.. I think it's fair to have these "oddities" in FM, getting Championship offers with Sunday League reputation :p

Archived