Whats the best decision you've ever made?

I love FM....always have...always will.

My favorite part of this game is the rare occasion I make a small, subtle change to my tactics in match (be it bring in bringing on a sub or changing the tempo etc.)....and the results are insanely drastic. These things completely make my day :)

The other day I was playing at aston villa and they were controlling the game....I up the tempo slightly and I start dominating...they didnt get a shot off for the rest of the game.

I remember putting on a 17 yr old regen on in the 91st minute during a community shield match that I was tying 3-3 with liverpool.....he scored in the 93rd :D

There are also those moments outside of the match (signings etc.) that can bring just as much joy. Like the time I hired a particular scout cuz I could get anyone any better than him (I had just lost one of mine to R. Madrid....) his stats werent that great (judging potential of 13 and judging ability of 14)....turns out he was the scout that discovered the

17 yr old who beat liverpool for me (im sure he would have been world class if i had stuck wit dat save)

So what are the decisions youve made that have just put a smile on your face?

First day of the season, 3-0 down to Liverpool, I decided to bring on a 16 year old regen to make debut as i thought i would give him a go. I never thought he would be that good but brang him on and he scored hat-trick in 10 mins and we drew 3-3! He then went on to be the clubs all time top scorer!!

If i hadnt brang him on, i probably wouldnt of ever played him and then he would have been released

FM7 i think, I'm Arsenal, about to go out on away goals to Schalke in the CL semi-final. Put Sol Campbell upfront for last 5 mins as a target man and aim to head settings...93rd minute, a long ball to edge of 18, there keeper rushes out like a mad man and Campbell nods over him into the empty net to put me through. Love it!

Winning the treble with Aston Villa (Carling Cup, FA Cup, Europa League) in my first season with them, approx. 2016-2017. Having Ivory Coast win the 2010 African Cup of Nations at the first asking. Lastly, signing for Greek National B League side Olympiokos V...saving them from relegation in February 2010 and pushing for promotion in 3 months time, still working on this one.

Spending 45 million on Nathan Delfouneso in 2014.

First season: 40 goals

Second season: 35 goals (injured for 2 months)

Third season: 39 goals

Fourth Season: 43 goals.

Currently on 8 goals in 6 so far this season :D

WOW. signing of the season for sure.

Everyone keeps saying that he is brilliant. Never signed him on FM though.

On my current save it's either getting Pato for my Celtic team for £22.5 million after Milan transfer listed him, or buying Areola for 4.6 million after Boruc started missing training and playing poorly leading to me free transferring him.

oh yea when I was at newcastle in fm09, i enquired about agbonlahor.....o'neill wanted 23m.....

at first i said no but he scored 15 in 12 and all his goals were the same....a long ball with him blowing past defenders and slotting it home....well i finally gave up and gave villa the 23m (even passed up on matias fernandez....cudve signed him for 9...)

anyways since i had owen and adebayor up top, i decided to put him on the right wing....he happened to score a hattrick from the right wing.....at anfield.....and that was worth 23m :D

oh and he also scored the only goal in the fa cup final also against liverpool :D

Accidentally leaving my 2nd choice goalkeeper in the 1st team for the Champions League Final :p

(was resting players the game before to save fitness)

what happened terra? did he score the game winning goal? ;)

My happiest desision was to play Danny Wilson for Rangers over Weir played sensational for a number of years, but i weas forced to sell him when he was 28, greatest sale ever as he was about to go on international duty and he got injured and was never the same again.

Some of my favorite best decisions come from wheeling and dealing in the transfer market. I love finding diamonds in the rough as well as free transfers.

I once signed Gignac on a free in the summer. Was a first team starter, didn't produce that much, got homesick so I allowed him a leave of absence, he came back and still didn't do that well. I then sold him for 9m to Sevilla in January.

I haven't played FM 2010 that much yet, so a few from FM 09 -

After 3 years at Villa, I signed Keirrison on a free from Inter and Balotelli was offered to me for 5 mil. Signed them, and the next season I tried them out as my main partnership. Scored 30 goals each - Balotelli left 3 years later for 80 mil to Barca. Keirrison continued at the club after I left, still scoring 30+ goals a season.

At Inter after my 9 years at Villa, I sign Davide Santon back on a free from Lazio. He gets 30 assists in all competitions, but I was gutted when Italy didn't call him up for the 2018 World Cup.

Oh, and FM 07 always has one that sticks in my mind - 4th season at Chelsea, my first CL final against Real Madrid - bring on Real reject Van Nistelrooy whom I signed on a free in the 115th minute of extra time, and he scores in the 121st minute to make it 4-3.

On FM07 - Champions league quarter final - I was (an injury struck) Chelsea playing Barcelona and in the first leg I had lost 3-0 at the nou camp. I was devastated and as I never quit and load games up again, after two premiership games the second leg came around and I was not confident at all. Drogba and Shevchenko were still not fit so I decided to give Ben Sahar and Scott Sinclair a game upfront. It was 1-0 to me at halftime (I can't remember the scorer) and I still wern't too confident but I thought I would just drag the bar to 'all out attack' and 'fastest tempo' to put pressure on Barcelona in an attempt to get through! Anyway to cut this long story short, I remember them both grabbing a goal to make it 3-3 and to take it to Extra time. Unfortunatly a Barcelona player scored in extra time to take them through but I felt the decisions I made were great to even get to extra time against Barcelona.

Buying Abel Hernandez from Palermo for 44mil Euros in january 2016.

ah the french ;eague. I love this league, i am going to start a save with PSG in a couple of weeks when my new laptop arrives. Would be bordeaux, but Blanc is doing such a fine job, going to turn mid-table stragglers PSG into Champions league winners within 5 seasons!(well i can try anyway). Either that or i'll take over a ligue 2 team, or go to the eastern european leagues, not sure who yet

Buying a regen striker for £300K from Motherwell

18 months later, and he's scored 46 goals in 53 games and is in contention for World Player of the Year award, and I'm turning down £21M offers from Man Utd and Liverpool

Usually for me its one key signing that kicks your team on to the next level.

In FM10, signing David Barral from Sporting Lisbon for PNE at a measly £1m, he fired me to the Premiership.

Plenty of other I could list over the years e.g. Marquinhos, Maceo Rigters, Guarin, Damien Luna, Mascherano, Cherno Samba, Fabrice Fernandes...

Archived