Lack of quality players in certain positions

In my 5th season with Nottingham Forest, achieved promotion to the premier league 2 years ago.

but is anyone else finding that there is a lack of quality players (by that i mean current premier league quality players or regens with at least decent premier league potential) in certain positions? while there is an abundance in others.

worst positions seem to be the wings, there seems a lack of proper wingers on my game. I.e. players that are natural in ML/MR or AML/AMR.

there are a lot of strikers, MC's and AMC's that the game classes at being 'accomplished' on the wing...but IMO they are not proper wingers.

meanwhile if I want a DMC there is literally loads to choose from.

anyone else finding this?

In my game, there have been loads of players in all position with excellent technical and physical attributes, but what's frustrating is that almost 80% of them are mentally challenged (I'm not being harsh at all). I mean, strikers with 15+ in finishing, composure and dribbling, and 6 off the ball, defenders with good tackling, jumping and marking, who are downright stupid with awful positioning, anticipation and concentration.

In general, what seems to me as the biggest problem is the proper ability distribution in newgens and regens, so a lot of players have a 175+ progress potential but their best positional rating potential is around 72-75.

I hope this is resolved in the 10.3. patch.

Archived