How to ensure good south american regens?

I have no intention of managing in Brazil or Argentina but would still want good quality regens coming through, so would I have to have the leagues playable or would retain all players work?

i think that retaining the players from the south american countries will do the trick

dont forget to retain the players from the other countries and not just brazil and argentina

There's an FMF add-on that is supposed to create good regens from the top clubs in each nation. Never tried it though. I thought about using it, just to add higher quality players to the game in the future because there certainly seems to be a lack of them, but then I wasn't sure if I'd be able to filter out the genuine regens from the FMF ones. I would feel like I was cheating if I started signing FMF regens.

Retaining players wont' do anything to help newgen production, its just more real players will be created.

Clubs like Cortinthians and Gremio will create 5-6 newgens but after that it starts to run a little dry. Brazil will have quality if you don't load the leagues, but obviously it wont have that same reach and depth that it has IRL.

I dont load Brazilian and Argentinian Leagues

im pretty sure that retaining players from a country increases the chance of regens from that country thereby increasing the possibility of getting top quality regens

You could raise the facilities of every single south american club to 20/20 for training and 20/20 for youth. It would certainly ensure more than a few gems were produced every year. South American clubs would probably be the best on the game inside of ten years by doing it though.

Just incase anyone is interested, I decided to run just the premiership in a new save and use this "power regen" utility (the link above) and after holidaying until 2013 I took a brief look around the game world and what I found was quite interesting.

There are quite a few new powerful regnes throughout the game. The funny thing is that a lot of them come very small counties. I've noticed a lot coming out of Africa (Rwanda, Ethiopia, Angola, etc)

I'm starting a new game with several other leagues running. I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy this very much.

I've found the files, but where to put it? They are .dbc files and it says to extract in the Editor Data map but I dont have this map

From "my documents" you need to go to your "sports interactive" folder, go to the "Football Manager 2010" folder and then put them in the "editor data" folder.

If you don't have the "editor data" folder, you may need to run the FM editor one time and it might be created after that. If that doesn't work, you could just manually create a folder entitled "editor data".

after that, you need to start a new game and when the "choose database" window shows up, make sure you tick the empty "change" box. once it brings you to the "select editor data files" window, make sure you tick editor files that you want in your game before you click continue.

for example: if you include the power regens file for Europe, you don't need to load the Belgian league in order for the tool to create regens from that country.

is it Retaining Player or Retaining Clubs which encourages more newgens to come through. I don't like the big brazillian clubs only producing 3 players a year. but I dont' want to sim the Brazilian leagues either.

Although I'm not completely sure, you may be able to increase both the quantity and quality of regens throughout the game world by going to the editor and setting the youth facilities of the clubs to 20. Specifically in this case, it should work for clubs in leagues that you don't have loaded in the game.

Give it a try, however it does take a little while to go through and edit all the clubs training facilities that you want producing better talent in the game.

I did it and it seems to have worked so far. I upgraded the training facilities of the top 2 or 3 clubs in each major footballing nation in the world and then went to the top leagues in Europe and upgraded the majority of the teams in each of those leagues.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived