Samsung Netbook NC10

I have just brought a samsung netbook NC10 because my laptop has decided to pack up , i no netbooks are not supposed to play games and are just meant to surf the web etc etc but i have heard and researched that football manager 2010 does play well on some netbooks , i have been tryin for 24 hours to get this to work but i just cnt do it, i have tried playin it in windowed mode amnd it doesnt work and i have also tried using the notebook skin but yet again i failed , can anyone plz plz plz help me because i need my footy man fix .

I have just brought a samsung netbook NC10 because my laptop has decided to pack up , i no netbooks are not supposed to play games and are just meant to surf the web etc etc but i have heard and researched that football manager 2010 does play well on some netbooks , i have been tryin for 24 hours to get this to work but i just cnt do it, i have tried playin it in windowed mode amnd it doesnt work and i have also tried using the notebook skin but yet again i failed , can anyone plz plz plz help me because i need my footy man fix .

Download this skin: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=167235

I like the dark version personally.

I have an N130 and it works absolutely fine at 1024x600 for me. I have to set the taskbar to autohide to prevent scroll bars in player profiles but thats fine.

Download this skin: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=167235

I like the dark version personally.

I have an N130 and it works absolutely fine at 1024x600 for me. I have to set the taskbar to autohide to prevent scroll bars in player profiles but thats fine.

this is what i have followed earlier but it still didnt work, im getting really stressed now cuz i badly wanna play it lol is there any other guides you know of?

this is what i have followed earlier but it still didnt work, im getting really stressed now cuz i badly wanna play it lol is there any other guides you know of?

Process for success:

1. Load FM using the --small_screen --windowed option.

2. Go to prefs and select the netbook skin (which you put in the skins folder already)

3. Quit FM.

4. Load FM. Set your taskbar to autohide and maximise the window.

Play FM ..

Are you using Steam?

no i am not using steam, when i just load it using the windowed option it comes up with an error message saying problem occured and needs to close so i tried the other option for the skin and had no success with that either ??

no i am not using steam, when i just load it using the windowed option it comes up with an error message saying problem occured and needs to close so i tried the other option for the skin and had no success with that either ??

Download the netbook skin. Put it in C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins

e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\skins\netbook2010 dark

You want to use this one:

"C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe" --small_screen --windowed

Make sure you have the latest DirectX installed. Steam updated mine before the game would run.

Fire up FM and it should load, altho it takes ages to load, you should get a window with it in.

Good stuff.

The 3d doesnt work very well. Blame SI for that .. its the most unoptimized pile of crap I have ever seen. My n130 can run Oblivion but can't run Sensible World of Football Manager 1995 Edition :thup:

Go figure.

I use Classic 2d and tbh it makes it easier to read the match engine anyway ..

24696470.jpg

58317737.jpg

Couple of things.

1. You need a mouse. They should make terror suspects play FM10 with a touch pad. They'd crack in no time.

2. You probably want to run 55 leagues from 20 nations with a large db etc. You need to put 2gb of ram in then really - its £38 from ebuyer.

Apart from the 3d and it being a bit slower to process (altho not a lot as I only have the league I playing in on full detail - not to be confused with 'view only') than a proper desktop it runs fine and is perfectly playable.

A Netbook running FM10, that is so cool. Tough little buggers them Atoms then.

The Samsung N130 I got for £220 notes is now my main computer ..

Obviously it croaks at real 3d gaming and the non standard widescreen res of 1024x600 kills some older games that dont support lower than x768.

I really can't praise the n130 too highly. Its absolutely wonderful ..

My desktop shortcut has this under Target: (all in one line)

"D:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\fm.exe" --windowed --small_screen --skin=netbook2010_dark

and this under Start in:

"D:\games\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010"

Of course the "D:\games" part could be different in your installation

Other than what has already been said, I have my Taskbar at the right side also with auto-hide enabled, don't load any graphics, disable sound, keep everything to minimum detail, finally mine are not Samsungs but ASUS Eee 1005HA and MSI U123 both with 2Gb, they both work without problems with FM.

How do you change window size if you have used steam

As Chief said or you can do it through Steam itself ..

1. Load Steam

2. Find Football Manager 2010 entry in My Games

3. Right Click > Properties

4. Click the Set Launch Options button and enter (sans brackets) '--small_screen --windowed' click OK

5. Assuming you have donwloaded and extracted the netbook skin, fire up FM, pick it in Display preferences, reload FM, set taskbar to autohide, maximise game window, done.

Please drop Michael a line btw and thank him for his time/effort, SI couldn't be arsed supporting us and without his skins we'd not be playing the game on these devices after all.

I sincerely hope SI add a 1024x600 option in FM11 as these devices don't appear to be going away and they are an easy to accomodate additional market all said ..

Archived