Setting playmakers and target men

If I set my centre mid to have the player role as defensive playmaker it automatically sets the playmaker dropdown in the team instructions to be that man, but the dropdown is greyed out as the checkbox is not ticked. Do I need to tick the checkbox or will my teM use this man as the playmaker?

I am unsure if the checkbox not ticking is a bug or not.

Same thing with the target man

if his name is greyed out, he is the playmaker for the team, decided purely by the roles you have assigned.

He will play as the playmaker unless you tick the box and select someone else.

It doesn't matter if the tick box is selected or not. If there is a player name under Playmaker or Targetman they are set as the Playmaker or Targetman. The tick box is there to overide the automatic choice if you want, i.e. I will often set then to none even if I have chosen a Playmaker or Targetman just to mix things up a bit.

Just don't play trequarista in same time with a playmaker, and avoid support targetman too.

A support targetman alongside an advanced forward works very well for me, why should you avoid them?

A support targetman alongside an advanced forward works very well for me, why should you avoid them?

Support Target-man is basically play-maker. That's why he should not be played alongside play-maker.

Inside forward is another thing. It is more like transition between offensive midfield player and forward.

Trequartista is a loner, roamer, and basically a guy that would **** off his own manager in case he wasn't told to play that way. NO help on defense, free role, dwelling on the ball, mostly making chances for himself... This just doesn't go along with play-maker.

Support Target-man is basically play-maker. That's why he should not be played alongside play-maker.

Inside forward is another thing. It is more like transition between offensive midfield player and forward.

Trequartista is a loner, roamer, and basically a guy that would **** off his own manager in case he wasn't told to play that way. NO help on defense, free role, dwelling on the ball, mostly making chances for himself... This just doesn't go along with play-maker.

I always play Gerrard as Trequartista behind Torres as advanced forward and they are doing great.

Archived