10.3 problem, can't get it to work..

Didn't know weather to put this in the feedback thread, but don't think its feedback? Anyway, made a thread some time ago about going upto 10.2.. That worked, for a night. The next day, didn't work. Just downloaded the 10.3 patch, done everything that is meant to be done, and it isn't even letting me chose what patch I want to play on when I start a new game? I have downloaded FM10 through steam, yet it seemed to download it but even then, it didn't let me choose the 10.3 patch. Is there anything i have to do in preferences? thanks.:thup:

If you initially installed via Steam, you do not need to patch as Steam does it automatically. If you have installed a patch manually, you will need to uninstall and reinstall.

I think Steam downloaded it for me, but when I went into FM10 it wasn't there. So I just downloaded it again from the sticky at the top on General Discussion and its still not showing. Should I just remove FM10 from my computer and download it again without going through Steam? Thanks for your reply.

As has been said Steam downloads & installs all patches.

You've messed it up by downloading the patch from the sticky.

Open Steam, uninstall FM, then download & install again via steam.

PS you may want to backup your saves as I'm not sure if they are affected or not by uninstalling.

If you initially installed via Steam, you do not need to patch as Steam does it automatically. If you have installed a patch manually, you will need to uninstall and reinstall.
As has been said Steam downloads & installs all patches.

You've messed it up by downloading the patch from the sticky.

Open Steam, uninstall FM, then download & install again via steam.

PS you may want to backup your saves as I'm not sure if they are affected or not by uninstalling.

Yeah but whenever Steam download my patches, they never show up when I start a new game :( Ill uninstall FM and do everything Manually, Steam is a pile of ****. Thanks for your help.

Yeah but whenever Steam download my patches, they never show up when I start a new game :( Ill uninstall FM and do everything Manually, Steam is a pile of ****. Thanks for your help.

What do you mean by "They never show up"??

There is nothing to see, the files are just updated.

What do you mean by "They never show up"??

There is nothing to see, the files are just updated.

Like they never show up when I go to start a new game. Usually there is a drop down menu of what patch I want to use, but it goes to 10.0 without me even choosing. It does it automatically. :(

Go to preferences and check to see if the game has updated to the latest patch. Try that.

Ive removed it, just installing it etc again, ill message back if i get any problems. Thanks for your help you guyss! :D

Like they never show up when I go to start a new game. Usually there is a drop down menu of what patch I want to use, but it goes to 10.0 without me even choosing. It does it automatically. :(

Thats not an option for which patch to use :D

Thats the choice of which database to use as it clearly states.

Archived