Fining players for poor performance

Usually, if i decide to do this (2 weeks worth), when the guy has finished in the 5's, he still gets unhappy about it.

Just now, had a guy in the 4's, and he accepted his fine willingly.

Is it just to do with his persona, or anytime that a player gets into the 4's he will accept his fine ?

I always fine a player if hes 5.5 or under. If hes 5.6-5.9 just a warning. Its good because it sometimes improves a player determination or another mental stat.

Work rate will go up occasionally if the player is a decent professional.

Last season I gave Boruc a warning for a poor performance (<5), he declared to the press that he felt treated unfairly, then he missed training and I fined him 1 weeks wages, declares unfair treatment again and continues to play poorly, conceding goals left right and centre and missing training sessions every other week.

Eventually i had no choice but to free transfer him just to get things back on track...the only upside was that I managed to bring in Areola and he's been brilliant as my first choice keeper since the age of 17, is probably going to beat every appearance record going at Celtic (as long as i can keep hold of him).

Eventually i had no choice but to free transfer him just to get things back on track...the only upside was that I managed to bring in Areola and he's been brilliant as my first choice keeper since the age of 17, is probably going to beat every appearance record going at Celtic (as long as i can keep hold of him).

That's his name! :eek: Poor sod!

Player has to score below 5 before I'll even consider warning him let alone fining him. Everyone can have a bad day at work, I don't think it's an issue unless it's a string of sub-par performances.

You guys fining players for one performance below 6 would have a player's revolt in real life, most likely have the player's union and your own boards breathing down your neck too :D

I never fine players for poor performance, the most I ever do is a warning at thats an extremity, its normally just a dressing room b*llocking and a game or 2 on the bench. And the reason I don't fine for poor performance is that the rating system can sometimes not be true to the game, I mean a player can go from having a good solid game to a 5 rating for one mistake? So for 89mins and 55 Seconds he's done a great job and for 5 seconds of inadequacy he all of a sudden has a stinker?

I mean could you imagine a manager at Maccy D's saying:

"Look, those fries you've been churning out for the last hour and a half have been good but, you're not flipping those burgers to an acceptable standard, so you're not being paid this week or next"

Look on fining players as you would expect to be treated in a real life job- under no circumstances would any employee accept any wage loss for 1 poor performance or turning up late once. Discipline has to be a cumulative process and should only be used for persistent breaches and then starting with a warning.

Archived