£101 million for Messi

I've just had a £101 million bid for Messi accepted, although he rejected my contract as I couldn't go any higher than £200,000 a week when he wanted £220,000 :( I tried offering him extra bonuses including a £12 million signing on fee and higher appearance and goal bonuses than he was asking for but he wasn't having it...

It got me thinking though, what is the highest transfer fee you've spent on a player and was it worth it? One transfer that actually went through was for Sergio Aguero for £56 million, he's got a ton of goals and assists for me and he's still only 26, so money well spent!

I'm also currently negotiating with Barca over Sakho, just had a bid of £70 million turned down.

Highest transfer fee I paid was £107 million for Benzema to my AC Milan team on FM 09. Was worth every penny, won back to back CL, Seria A, Italian cup, Italian Supercup and Club World Championships with him in my team.

With regards to your bid for Messi you might want to try this...make your transfer offer, then once it's accepted move all your transfer funds to your wage budget then you might be able to offer the £220k he's asking for. Then if he accepts your contract you should be able to readjust your budget and confirm the transfer.

I did that adjustment thing to get Aguero, but he wanted £120k at the time, i'm not gonna be held to ransom over Messi! I'd rather buy 2 world class players for £50mill each than pay the little snot any more!

on fm09 it was 96m for ramos just for the sake of it i remember correctly,

On fm10 i think 35m for a regen cm who ws more then world class for a man utd team

ive never managed to get near messi and he gettin on mid 30's now so i doubt i will!

I don't remember buying a player over 10m

Why to buy Messi or Benzema for 100m? When I can buy regens which may have more PA

Have good scouts with lot of determination will find the best players for me and then I could sell them to gain more money

Most was 100m for Silva..and to be honest I only bought him cuz I didn't want Inter to have him.

One of my Best expensive buys was 75m for Drogba. I was a solid defensive team that desperately needed some help up front. Bought him in the Jan transfer window, he caught fire lead league in scoring and we won the title.

That's funny I always stayed away from Sergio Arguero. Just cuz I bought him in fm08 for like 60m and when he wasn't injured he was in awful form, "Fans were ducking behind the goal everytime he touched the ball."

I don't remember buying a player over 10m

Why to buy Messi or Benzema for 100m? When I can buy regens which may have more PA

Because PA doesn't win games mate, CA does.

Have good scouts with lot of determination will find the best players for me and then I could sell them to gain more money

And what are you going to spend the money on?

Once your facilities are top notch, huge stadium bringing in revenue and your youth team full of PA monsters, you need to spend your cash on something. Why not the best players in the game?

If anything you buy them so they're not playing for other clubs.

Also, while you might have hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players at your club, in various stages of development, you can only ever have eleven on the pitch at once. If you've got the money, why not shell out for superstars? Sure you might be able to get two players nearly as good as Messi for £100 million but they can't both play AMR at the same time. Why do you think big clubs spend so much on superstars IRL?

Sure they could buy promising youngsters cheap and sell them later at a massive profit, and sometimes they do, but mostly that's for mid-range clubs (Lyon, Everton, etc).

£88 potentially rising to £96m .... that is crazy and unrealistic

Why is it? It's 2014 and he's developed into the best CB in the world. Madrid have just paid £80mil for Ronaldo in real life, why shouldn't that be broken within the next 4/5 years in RL?

Why is it? It's 2014 and he's developed into the best CB in the world. Madrid have just paid £80mil for Ronaldo in real life, why shouldn't that be broken within the next 4/5 years in RL?

He is a good player IRL but that much is crazy for a defender.

I am not saying that it won`t happen IRL because it probably will, it`s just that it is a crazy amount to pay.

He is a good player IRL but that much is crazy for a defender.

I am not saying that it won`t happen IRL because it probably will, it`s just that it is a crazy amount to pay.

I had it to spend and didn't need to strengthen any other aspects of my team, he's 4 star left back also and he's 24. I just had to have him :D

£127m for Fabregas on FM08 with Barcelona, hardly played that game anymore after I signed him though so don't know if it would have been money well spent. All I know is that the possibility of him and Iniesta playing together in midfield had me drooling.

The highest I've paid was 55million pounds for a 26year old regen CB (2020) and in 2014 it was 52million pounds for Davide Santon.

The most I've received was 46million pounds for Mamadou Sakho from Barcelona.

My two best buys however were:

Second best buy: 44million pounds for a (then 22year old) regen striker who has gone on to score 158 goals in 301 appearences and even more impressively he's also provided 133 assists in that 301 appearences. :D Btw He is now only 28 years old.

Number 1 buy on FM10 (for me): 23million pounds for a (then 19year old) regen striker. He is still only 22 and he has already scored 67 goals in 121 appearences as well as providing 30 assists.

Luckily my nr1 buy's personality is "realistic in his thoughts" so hopefully(with a bit of a luck) he'll be content to play out his whole career at Chelsea(where I manage) :) other than those pesky ambitious players.

The most i have ever spent is about 10 million for Oscar Ustari in FM08. He was literally the only good keeper willing to join my Crewe side.

I never spend any money if i can help it tbh. Is usually cheaper and easier going around large clubs and signing up all the quality players they have occupying their reserve team.

i try not to spend a massive amount on players i like to power through with youngsters, although in my last save i paid 21 million for jack rodwell and 26 million for nathan delfoneso

101 million seems a lot for one player, i dont think i spent that in 4 seasons, i always set targets for myself when i start saves, one of my main ones is to try and sell more than i shell out

i try not to spend a massive amount on players i like to power through with youngsters, although in my last save i paid 21 million for jack rodwell and 26 million for nathan delfoneso

101 million seems a lot for one player, i dont think i spent that in 4 seasons, i always set targets for myself when i start saves, one of my main ones is to try and sell more than i shell out

I paid £30 mill for Nathan Delfouneso in my second season at Liverpool. Bargain of the century. I'd reccomend him to anyone!

£56 Million for Sergio Arguero on FM10, while he has been class, I am not sure why I did it as I was trying to build an all English team and yet raided AT Madrid for him and Dzeko. I blame the wine.

I thought he has a release clause of 52million??

Good lordy! The maximum I think I've ever paid in CM/FM was £33million for Ibrahimovic in my Chelsea game in FM06. Perhaps the greatest player I've ever seen in the FM series, his scoring was phenominal. :D

Before that I paid aprox. £27million for Raul in CM 02-03 on X Box IIRC, another bargain. :thup:

I swear to god I haven't been editing! I don't even know how to use the thing! i've won the league 3 of the last 5 years, i've won the Champs League, the UEFA Cup, the FA cup, and both years I didn't win the league I finished second and third respectively! Ah I don't need anyone to believe me, i'm proud of myself thats all that matters. :)

In FM10 the most has been $40m for Johnny Evans. Only transfer ever in the 40 millions and above.

In FM09 I signed CR for about what they signed him in real life for. As playing as Real Madrid was well. He was young and sold massive shirts. Completely worth it. But that was in FM09. I won't go over the 40 million mark if that.

I signed Cristando Ronaldo in 2012 for £139m, he has banged in over 50 goals and supplied over 70 assists in 2 seasons. I signed Pique last in 2013 for over £100m and just spent over £120m for Sakho. No editing just lots of success and selling and dealing.

The moment is still carved in my memory:

CM 03/04, managing Southampton for 6 or 7 years, I just won my first premiership title on the wings of Fernando Cavenaghi and Carlos Daniel Hidalgo who then had massive PA.

At the start of the next season, I get two offers in space of a couple of days. 81mil Euros for Hidalgo, 107mil Euros for Cavenaghi. All in cash, no monthly installments and clauses.

Earned 188.000.000 in a week...

I also remember on that save that I had a bid of 45+ mil for John Welsh who now plays for Tranmere Rovers :D

I swear to god I haven't been editing! I don't even know how to use the thing! i've won the league 3 of the last 5 years, i've won the Champs League, the UEFA Cup, the FA cup, and both years I didn't win the league I finished second and third respectively! Ah I don't need anyone to believe me, i'm proud of myself thats all that matters. :)

Exactly right, although I don't believe you ;-)

Archived