Football Manager 2010 : Vent your anger here!

Playing as Roma,i am experiencing intense battles with both Juventus and Lazio for top spot in the league.

I have now found myself top for the first time this season after going on a crazy unstoppable 12 match winning streak.Next league game i let my assistant manager do the team talk,he was ask "Who do you think will win Serie A this season?" His replied....`I am not prepared to answer to question`.

Not prepared??? Not prepared?? After our 12 match winning streak you say this and unsettled the squad? What the hell are you thinking???? Get out of here!!!!!

Playing as Roma,i am experiencing intense battles with both Juventus and Lazio for top spot in the league.

I have now found myself top for the first time this season after going on a crazy unstoppable 12 match winning streak.Next league game i let my assistant manager do the team talk,he was ask "Who do you think will win Serie A this season?" His replied....`I am not prepared to answer to question`.

Not prepared??? Not prepared?? After our 12 match winning streak you say this and unsettled the squad? What the hell are you thinking???? Get out of here!!!!!

Will teach you to never let your ass man do your tt's.

I never let him, they simply cant be trusted to say what you want.

and besides, in my experience, 'no comment' is always the best answer for that one.

Simply don't let him speak to the press. GAG HIM! :D

My point is that it doesn't matter in the slightest who your assistant is he says exactly the same thing.

For instance in my Bolton games when asked who'll win the title and no matter who the AssMan is they always say "Man U" [A RIVAL!!!]. Thereby shattering morale before I start.

I'd replay saying exactly same thing.

saying Roma would make your players undoubtedly more complacent.

Saying some other team would make them even more unsettled.

I think your AssMan did good but your players are just... overambitious.

Vent your anger here.. Well, here's mine!

Patch 10.2 you get Nevio Scala as the manager for BVB Dortmund

Patch 10.3 you get Hoffenheim in the wrong stadium.. Awesome. Every single time i play in Germany i need to go to the editor because of silly SI mistakes.

Ass manager. make sure they have great tactical knowledge and motivation skills. Good luck with Roma

Has much as i love this game. it still has some of the problems its always had. Players running towards goal one on one and then for some reason start heading towards the corner flag. Worse one was utaka. beautiful through ball into his path 6 six yards out, you`d expect him to to shoot, but no he gets ball and heads off to you know where and it was on attacking as well! another annoying thing is players holding on to ball far too long and then losing it when they could have easily passed it or had a shot. changing to overload when you need to pull a goal back doesn`t seem to make a difference either. its as though they don`t get that you need to score so they just pass it about as if they are time wasting which is on rarely btw. its the same when you tell them to shoot on sight, they don`t! other than that its brilliant!

Has much as i love this game. it still has some of the problems its always had. Players running towards goal one on one and then for some reason start heading towards the corner flag. Worse one was utaka. beautiful through ball into his path 6 six yards out, you`d expect him to to shoot, but no he gets ball and heads off to you know where and it was on attacking as well! another annoying thing is players holding on to ball far too long and then losing it when they could have easily passed it or had a shot. changing to overload when you need to pull a goal back doesn`t seem to make a difference either. its as though they don`t get that you need to score so they just pass it about as if they are time wasting which is on rarely btw. its the same when you tell them to shoot on sight, they don`t! other than that its brilliant!

valid points mate, it does get frustrating at times but it a top top game.

Oh and another thing!!! Vent my anger i will!! I have posted this view before but i shall use it again,seeing as this thread is about venting your anger.

I began my career with Liverpool,won them many many many titles and cups many times over,so much so that i was awarded `Legend` status,damn right too!!! Anyway i became bored and joined current team Roma,its 2019 btw and Inter and currently 10th,AC Milan are 11th.Juventus are a major threat because i sold Fernando Torres to them whilst at Liverpool...anyway back to the anger!!! I joined Roma..as a result,legend status disappeared...disappeared!!!!! Its like every competition i won means nothing to them now.

What the hell did they tweak on gelling, motivation, morale and consistency???

I started a new save with Stuttgart, and my perfectionist goalie got disillusioned after 2 losses in a row, and bad press conference of a assman I cannot sack, and since he is influential captain my team half of them got slight worries bout me and I went from record breaking 6 games in a row (including AC Milan away) won to record breaking 6 games without, a win and find myself at 13th league position (predicted 3ed) after 15 league games.

Bought just one player (couple of others just got there before me). So no major change. Playing more or less standard 4-4-2 counter. I don't make big changes just slightly tweak. Morale is not all that bad (good in average) but my 3 DC and my 4 ST from rotation all got bout 6.35 to 6.55 consistent ratings!!!

I expected SI to allow us to break loosing streaks.

I was also checking some statistics of football clubs in major European leagues. Most teams, struggling or overachieving mid table never have major streaks, they have up to 3-4 loses than go down and 2-3 wins or so. Some managers change formations frequently and still get assertive results... So much bout tactical consistency...

I have slight concern! - "Disillusioned by 1.30 patch"

Will teach you to never let your ass man do your tt's.

I never let him, they simply cant be trusted to say what you want.

and besides, in my experience, 'no comment' is always the best answer for that one.

pat rice can :D

I'm managing a team in the Championship, and we usually do quite well, getting league positions such as 7th, 10th, etc. This season, however, we've completely shut off. I'm currently battling against relegation after having spent more than half the season rock bottom.

:@

Managing pompey is a nightmare!! they wanted me to finish mid-table. I can`t get any players on free or loan because of wage situation, can`t get any coaches and half my team is injured. i resigned before they sacked me which was gonna happen. and it said this.

Presumably once the portsmouth board have got rid of the usual `football manager` applications, they can proceed with the view of appointing someone with a real-life experience. nice touch.

Archived