Game Freezes

I've been playing FM for quite some time. Been playing the latest version since it came out and never had any issues. But suddenly in the last few days I've been having issues where my game will freeze up. It'll occur when I click on something (it can be anything, a news item, bringing up a player's profile, stopping a holiday, etc).

It's not automatic, sometimes it'll happen not long after I load up a game and sometimes it'll happen after hours of gameplay.

I believe this started to happen once I downloaded the latest patch (10.3). So I got suspicious and decided to just uninstall and reinstall. This time I stayed away from the latest patch and just stuck with 10.2. I started a new game, everything seemed fine and then unfortunately it happened again.

I'm very frustrated and I was hoping that I might be able to get some help from you guys.

Just to give you an idea of what my computer is like:

I'm running Windows XP

I have 2.5 GB of RAM

My video card is a Nvidia G-Force 8600

AMD Athlon 64 Processor

2.20 GHz

Now I know it may not be the best, but surely my system is strong enough to run FM. I'm able to play games like Half-Life 2 on optimum settings and Left 4 Dead.

I'm a little confused at the moment...

no matter what size database I choose, my CPU usage for FM will range from 0-5 when idle

and no matter what size database I choose, my CPU usage for FM will range from 85-99 when on holiday...however, rarely is it lower than 95.

I tested with 18 running leagues. 5 running leagues and also with only 1 running league.

Guest O-DOG
I've been having issues where my game will freeze up. It'll occur when I click on something (it can be anything, a news item, bringing up a player's profile, stopping a holiday, etc).

It's not automatic, sometimes it'll happen not long after I load up a game and sometimes it'll happen after hours of gameplay.

This happened to me with 10.3 as well. I updated my graphic card drivers and it seems to have resolved itself (touch wood!)

I also have an NVIDIA card so suggest you try updating and see if that helps you too.

Guest O-DOG
I updated my drivers as well and I didn't seem to work...I may have to look deeper into it. Perhaps there's more to update and download that I'm not currently aware of.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I updated Java at the same time as updating my graphic card drivers so im not sure which one actually solved the problem.

Did you also update Java?

Sorry I should have mentioned that I updated Java at the same time as updating my graphic card drivers so im not sure which one actually solved the problem.

Did you also update Java?

I have Java and it appears that I have the latest version (version 6 update 18). I also checked thoroughly into updated drivers for my video card and apparently I have the latest updates all installed.

I tried to start a new game today, went to scroll through my news items and it did it again. F--k! Idk what's wrong.

Doesn't look like I'm gonna find much help...I'm pretty sure my processor is rather poor in today's world (AMD Athlon 64). Perhaps I need to look into getting a better processor.

EDIT

I should rephrase that...I have received a lot of help, thank you to everyone. What I meant to say was that it doesn't look like I'm going to find the quick fix I was hoping for.

Archived