How do I find out how much my club will be repaying per month on it's loan debts?

I started an unemployed game on 10.3, got the Worcester job, got promoted - then half way through the second season I was offered the Portsmouth job, who had been relegated and were struggling.

My finances were terrible, so at the end of my first season with them, I let most of the players that had expiring contracts leave on frees, then sold all of my high earners and started the second season with some good cheapy players that my scouts found, along with 4 long term loan players from Arsenal's reserve team.

I've finally got my clubs balance into the black - and I'm sitting quite comfortably at the top of the Championship at Christmas - then I noticed this when I looked at the finances screen: http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3827/portsmouth.jpg - saying that I start repaying the debts in about 4 months time.

Is there any indication anywhere in game of how much I will be repaying each month when the repayments start? Because if it's a combined £48million per month - then I'm pretty much stuffed!

I don't really understand what you are saying but I am also controlling Portsmouth, but if you look;

Repayments start from 30.4.2012 til 31.5.2012 for the £25m debt. So in that month you will lose £25m that month straight out of your balance.

Then 2 months later, repayments start from 1.7.2012 til 1.8.2012 for the £23m debt. So again, you will lose £23m that month straight out of your balance.

But that is it, that is all the repayments you will have to do about the £48m owed. One month you pay £25m, then two months later you pay £23m.

Basically, it will put you massively in the red, and the only way to solve that would be to sell alot of players when you start plummeting in the red or hope for a new owner

Ah okay, that makes a bit more sense, thanks. It's that fact that it says that I'm borrowing £25.04M/per month and £23.09M/per month until May and August made me think that I'd be having to pay back similar amounts per month for however many months this has been going on for.

That still looks wrong to me though, how I can have a £25M loan and be getting £25.04M/per month for the next 5 months from it. Surely that makes it a 125M loan for the time left, or am I totally missing the point?

No because you only pay £25.04m, in a one month period. Look at when the repayments begin.. and when they end. You only pay £25.04m. Because the repayment period is only a month!

Exactly the same for the £23m debt.

Oh I see, haha! Thanks for clearing that up, that was totally confusing me. That will teach me for playing at 4am!

I was under the impression that, from the way it was written - I had been recieving £25M a month, and would continue to do so until May, but not have to pay anything back on it until April. Which totally confused me as I couldn't figure out where all of this supposed money I was meant to be recieving was vanishing to. Oops!

No worries mate :p

I only know so much about the debts and such because I spent ages studying them when the 10.3 patch got released. To see what was coming and going from the club (Probably doing a better job than Storrie IRL if I am honest).

So happy to help out, makes my time I spent on it not seem wasted :thup:

Archived