10.3 or not?

Definitely update. The reason you see more posts moaning than not is that people who think 10.3 is great aren't on the forums. They're playing the game.

10.3 has fixed a lot of the bugs and problems that 10.2 had and has greatly improved the ME.

A must update. :thup:

It's heaps better, and there is a huge improvement in the ME in regards to one on one shots and ridiculous long shots. The only blemish would be the corner exploit, but if you don't know about that then you will be fine.

• SI Staff

There was also a corner exploit in 10.2, at least one. In fact I expect there has been at least one somewhere in every release since CM4 went 2D. The main problem is identifying them all in beta testing.

But for 10.2 there were other issues that people wanted to rant about on here, so it never really got talked about.

Disappointed as I am that any exploits may still remain, I think the fact that they are the main source of vitriol speaks volumes for the state of the ME in 10.3.

Download and install 10.3.

Its been the same since the beginning of time with ALL strategy games. Computer AI cant cope with human ingenuity. You fix one thing its invariably unintentionally opens up opportunities somewhere else.

As long as a game is challenging, enjoyable and not riddled with bugs its worth playing

I like 10.2, think its pretty solid. Arent all these 'bugs and exploits fixes' just about appeasing those who complain the most and loudest anyway?

Ill dl 10.3 when im done with my current savegame, things never go well when I patch mid game regardless.

Archived