A tip on injuries

I was initially scared by reading so many threads about injuries but soon realized it's all a false alarm. It actually doesn't even depend that much on your training schedules - sure training at very heavy/heavy is more likely to produce injuries but thats for developing youth and u19 players anyway.

Something that I always do (and sure some of you do) is to just give rest to the players. Especially in a very congested program like matches between 3 days. I play 1 game, then in the window I see (3 days until match) - I select the starting eleven and give them all 2 days rest.. they are back for the next match at 94-5%.

4 or more days left (3 days rest). I mean that option is there for a reason now isn't it ?

Currently 10 games into the season I have a clean bill of health, not a single one injured. And before that there were a few knocks and 2-3 week injuries but never in a very frightening quantity.

It's kind of logical - if you rest them from training - they can't get injured in training :p:D

I was initially scared by reading so many threads about injuries but soon realized it's all a false alarm. It actually doesn't even depend that much on your training schedules - sure training at very heavy/heavy is more likely to produce injuries but thats for developing youth and u19 players anyway.

Something that I always do (and sure some of you do) is to just give rest to the players. Especially in a very congested program like matches between 3 days. I play 1 game, then in the window I see (3 days until match) - I select the starting eleven and give them all 2 days rest.. they are back for the next match at 94-5%.

4 or more days left (3 days rest). I mean that option is there for a reason now isn't it ?

Currently 10 games into the season I have a clean bill of health, not a single one injured. And before that there were a few knocks and 2-3 week injuries but never in a very frightening quantity.

It's kind of logical - if you rest them from training - they can't get injured in training :p:D

I've been doing this for ages too, but I tend to look for a gap of around ten days or more between fixtures and give the first team squad 2-3 days rest in that period.

I did a test on this for 2009. Players recover jadedness, at about 4 points per day on normal training and 6 points per day when resting. Jadedness is not viewable without some kind of scout utility. Resting didnt seem to increase condition recovery time much if any, if I recall.

Once somebody did some experiments with the option to rest players and the conclusion, if i remember correctly, was that this feature was purely cosmetic and didnt have any effects... but this was on fm 08 or 09...

It's not cosmetic, but it doesn't work for this reason:

FM calculates the training once per week. For the sake of argument (because I forget the precise figure), let's say it checks the training schedule every Tuesday 9 am. Whatever players are training at that moment goes into the calculation. If he's resting at that moment, he's counted as not training ALL WEEK. Therefore, if you rest him for a day on Wednesday, the AI doesn't 'see' it. On the other hand, if you rest him for one day on the Tuesday, it counts as resting all week.

It's not cosmetic, but it doesn't work for this reason:

FM calculates the training once per week. For the sake of argument (because I forget the precise figure), let's say it checks the training schedule every Tuesday 9 am. Whatever players are training at that moment goes into the calculation. If he's resting at that moment, he's counted as not training ALL WEEK. Therefore, if you rest him for a day on Wednesday, the AI doesn't 'see' it. On the other hand, if you rest him for one day on the Tuesday, it counts as resting all week.

There is no possible way on this Earth that FM's training can be that primitive, is there? That's the kind of system someone comes up with after his first day of a high school programming class. Hell, that's about as advanced as the training in Hattrick... a free browser game.

No offence, but I'm gonna have to wait for some official word on that theory...

You won't get an official word.

It's a very sophisticated system overall, as can be seen from SFraser's brilliant analysis. However, there are some glaring issues and training is long due for an overhaul. I'd like to think SI are focussing on it for FM11.

Well you can say what you want but I've gone till 2018 with that method and didn't harm anyone's training as their stats are going up and at the same time I'm not experiencing that insane amount of injuries most ppl complain about.

Maybe I am wrong but the results are obvious :D

Archived