Should i agree with auto select and play a 17 yr old DC

When i auto select my team it always picks him and i have Nedum onuoha, but it picks him alongside Celtics Glenn Loovens who is quite good. Im gonna learn nedum at RB natural, but is playing a 17 yr old DC bad or is his CA good enough? I play FML and i play 27-32 yr olds normally for DC

17yrold.jpg

Ordinarily I would say go for it (have had a 20 year old Dutch CB starting for my At. Madrid team since he was 17. His improvement was very good, needless to say), but tbh I'm not sure if he looks good enough. You seem to be paying him a whole bunch, and he has pretty good stats in key areas, so if you think he's about the same level as your next best CB, I don't see why not.

Yeah, I would play him. He looks quality, and will definately be good enough for the SPL. As for the Champions League, you may want someone more experienced or better but he will gain experience and will become a great defender in my eyes.

He's got some obvious weaknesses: his strength, positioning and marking need work, so be cautious of asking him to play up against a powerful striker.

Ability aside, 17 year-olds tend to be less consistent and less capable of handling pressure than older players (these things generally seem to develop naturally with age), so it's certainly a gamble giving him a regular place.

He's also likely to be more prone to getting jaded if he plays every week, which can apparently harm his development.

I'd get him tutored by a DC with a good personality, and (assuming you have someone who you think is equal in ability), try and rotate him in every now and again when you're confident of winning the game. When he does play, don't put too much pressure on him or criticise him too harshly with your team-talks.

He's got some obvious weaknesses: his strength, positioning and marking need work, so be cautious of asking him to play up against a powerful striker.

Ability aside, 17 year-olds tend to be less consistent and less capable of handling pressure than older players (these things generally seem to develop naturally with age), so it's certainly a gamble giving him a regular place.

He's also likely to be more prone to getting jaded if he plays every week, which can apparently harm his development.

I'd get him tutored by a DC with a good personality, and (assuming you have someone who you think is equal in ability), try and rotate him in every now and again when you're confident of winning the game. When he does play, don't put too much pressure on him or criticise him too harshly with your team-talks.

K thanks, think im gonna play him in the SPL, but from what your saying, best not too much in champ league, though i just got a 0-0 away at man city :D Think ill mostly use him in SPL though as u say mentals not great yet.

That's one very well paid 17 year-old, by the way :)

SPL is not the most attractive league so sometimes cost me a bit more, i reduced my wages by half sold maloney ,Mcgeady etc then brought in 6 brazilians on installs, including robinho just in season 2 which could bite me long term with 110k wage and 25% a year rise :eek:

When you do play him, if he's in decent form (last 5 games > 7.3, 7.4 say), be sure to praise his form in the press.

If you do that two or three times and he reacts well to it, he'll add you as a favoured personnel which will help him with his motivation and maybe, just maybe help you hold on to him when he starts attracting the attention of the big teams.

When you do play him, if he's in decent form (last 5 games > 7.3, 7.4 say), be sure to praise his form in the press.

If you do that two or three times and he reacts well to it, he'll add you as a favoured personnel which will help him with his motivation and maybe, just maybe help you hold on to him when he starts attracting the attention of the big teams.

aye by then my installs will catch up with me unless im doing well in champ lg, then the chairman will sell him :(

Mental attributes develop with age and experience, which is what he will get naturally. Make sure he is in a defender training schedule though, as he needs some focus on his key attributes.

I'm not disagreeing with what RT-- said but I believe that you could play him against target men because he is tall and good in the air. However, like has been said, when playing vastly superior opposition, be careful becuase his marking and positioning aren't great yet, which could leave gaps.

Archived