Registering my £65m player past the deadline

I recently signed who I consider to be the best player in the world on my game - a Hungarian regen striker who had somehow gone under the radar of my scouts for years, until I noticed he was nominated for World Player of the Year. The fact that I believe he's the best is underlined by the £65m it took to convince Marseille to part with him :p

This was in the January transfer window...on deadline day in fact. However, I was pretty gutted when I realised that the registration period was a couple of days earlier, meaning he couldn't be registered for Premier League games. He is now restricted to FA Cup games as he is cup-tied in Europe.

Surely you should be able to register a player upto the transfer window deadline? Any opinions?

Yeah, you'd have thought a registration deadline would come after the transfer deadline but it didn't...not in January anyway. In the registration details at the bottom of my squad screen, it says, "Registration window opens 1.7.2017.

@mini torres - There doesn't seem to be a way of assigning squad numbers outside of the window...maybe it's because after the first season you have a limit on home-grown players in the EPL. It should definitely be rectified though IMO

I don't get how this has happened. The window closes at midnight on 31st Jan (unless that is a Saturday or Sunday, in which case it is extended either 24 or 48 hours), and the registration deadline is the same, no?

Could it be that the transfer window was extended but the registration deadline was not?

Just checked and he did indeed sign on the 31st Jan. I don't tend to make a habit of signing people so close to the deadline so I have nothing to compare it to but I'm certainly going to look out for it in future seasons as it is a pretty major issue on this scale. Luckily I didn't have to sell to fund the deal otherwise it would have been even harder to take :p

I've just tried changing his number on FMRTE but that doesn't help. However, I can make him eligible to play in the Champions League so thanks for the suggestion Lenzar.

Thanks for all the replies guys. @Butros - Putting him in the matchday squad didn't work as he had an ineligible sign next to his name and couldn't play.

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem like players need to be registered for cup games so I could play him in the FA Cup. I also cheated a bit by making him not cup-tied via FMRTE. I played him in the reserves aswell. The season is now over so I can finally start playing him again :D

I think the problem would be rectified easily with Stephanie McMahon's Secret Lover's advice.

Thanks again everyone

What about short term loans - I had a GK crisis - my first choice was injured and my youth guy was nowhere near ready for prem football - loaned Kuscak (sp?) in November for €2.6M only to find that he couldn't play as he wasn't registered and couldn't register him. In the end he played for two and months, cost me €2.6M and made one appearance in an FA Cup tie. I terminated the loan in Jan when I signed my new GK.

The problem is that the you MUST give squad numbers screen comes along too early. Once passed it and still before the deadline you must MANUALLY allocate the number. The squad number screen should really come up bang on deadline time.

it must be an oversight........as that isnt going to happen for real surely not...unles sepp blatter is involved :rolleyes:

Archived