[10.2] Help me sell a world-class player nobody wants for free

Situation:

-2017, Arsenal.

-Hugo Lloris is 30 years old, described as 'World Class'; projected value of 26m pounds; been at club 8 years; various awards including European Goalkeeper of the Year.

-First offered for 40m, gradually down to 20m, and finally, offered for free (set at transfer listed, not needed) - zero offers.

Trying to sell Fabregas (30) for free has the same effect, zero offers. Yet I moved on Nasri (29) for 14m with lots of offers coming in and never had problems with other players. The only difference with Lloris/Cesc seems to be that they're, uh... too good.

How do I sell him? It's going to break all my immersion to stick him in reserves or something, I want to get rid of him and I don't even need to get a good fee.

The thing is, it makes zero sense that other teams won't make an offer because they are too good. The board won't let me sell them? Fine. Players are unhappy? Fine. Other teams can't afford a huge money offer? Fine. Player demands big wage and other teams are scared? Fine.

But this is like Barca offering Messi for free and nobody making a single offer.

Usually if wages are the stumbling block you get messages saying teams are interested, but won't make an offer because they feel they can't handle his reputation or wages. Or it gets to contract level then fails. The fact that nobody even wants to try is ridiculous. I don't know if it's a freak incident or not but it's a mess.

BTW - whether or not I want to sell them isn't really relevant, but I've grown Areola (not newgen) to be nearly as good and want to see how he does. Fabregas was just a test.

Maybe I'll have to use an editor to drop Lloris' loyalty, or worse, make his contract expire? Bleh.

The thing is, it makes zero sense that other teams won't make an offer because they are too good. The board won't let me sell them? Fine. Players are unhappy? Fine. Other teams can't afford a huge money offer? Fine. Player demands big wage and other teams are scared? Fine.

But this is like Barca offering Messi for free and nobody making a single offer.

Usually if wages are the stumbling block you get messages saying teams are interested, but won't make an offer because they feel they can't handle his reputation or wages. Or it gets to contract level then fails. The fact that nobody even wants to try is ridiculous. I don't know if it's a freak incident or not but it's a mess.

BTW - whether or not I want to sell them isn't really relevant, but I've grown Areola (not newgen) to be nearly as good and want to see how he does. Fabregas was just a test.

Maybe I'll have to use an editor to drop Lloris' loyalty, or worse, make his contract expire? Bleh.

In this game, if they do not want to leave , then other teams will not be bidding for them even though they want them. This should be the reason why nobody is bidding. Player loyalty plays only a small part in the problem. If they donwan to leave, esp the stubborn ones, i suggest transfer -list them, put unwanted by club for about 6months. Then flog him off at the next transfer window. Works for me .

As i said in the OP, I set them to transfer listed & not needed. This has been 10 years - I've sold plenty of highly rated players for decent amounts even when they did not want to leave.

I took this to test, offering half my first team for free - I get over 100 offers in the same day, but nothing for my goalkeepers and central midfielders (Areola, Ramsey, Cesc, Lloris). So maybe it means that, being August, all major clubs around Europe are dead set on their GKs and CMs and... won't even take the best CM in the world for free.

So now we go to a backup save in May, and one team is interested in free Lloris... Sevilla. Free Cesc.... just Leverkusen. Better, but still, seriously...? If I set a price tag of 20m for Cesc (rated at 28), and 15m for Lloris (rated 26), zero offers again.

BTW: I've got top leagues in Spain, Italy, Holland, France, Germany & England all running.

I guess it makes some degree of sense, though it's still idiotic. Do I have to offer pretty much the best player in the world (in this save) at a specific time of the year for the price of a fart to get a single offer from all over Germany? Do I have to rot him in the reserves for a year? Do I have to offer him in a package with five average players and a barrel of ale?

Archived