`Stop crying like a little girl and grow up`

I would personally love to be able to use this as an official response,not added myself..into the game,perhaps in FM2011.

For example a regen of mine has stated to the press that he is `shocked` to of been handed a verbal punishment for playing very poorly,he was given a 5.5 end of match rating,the press themselves state that he had played `very poorly`.

I wish i could just go inside the game and give him a slap lol.Rant over

I will second a vote for a "slap" or "throw boot" at player option under the discipline drop down menu.

Especially the ones who get sent off for violent conduct, then moan to the press when you fine them, yes Steven "Red Card Record" Taylor I am looking at you.

Rant also over.

This goes back to something that I mentioned a while back on maybe having club policies. In this instance, you could set up certain policies so that anyone getting below a match rating of 5.5 gets a verbal telling off. 4 and you get a one week fine and below 4 a two week fine. Same could be applied for sendings off - two bookings and say a warning, straight red for reckless challenge one week fine and for violent conduct a two week fine.

That way a player coming into your club knows what to expect and has no cause for complaint (given the circumstances, fining someone for poor performance when they've got a rating of 10 should result in a rant!).

Then if you were say Barcelona manager and your team is expected to win everything, you could raise your minimum expected performance level to say a 6.5/7 and anything less results in a telling off.

i would love to be able to set up a disciplinary policy at the club i agree on the ratings ones, but not on the cards, 2 yellows and its a one week fine, straight red and its a 2 week fine, x amount of yellows over the season dish out a warning

And (I'm on a roll here now!) - why is it that when I tell a player I want him to learn a new skill/move/position, he can say no if he doesn't fancy it and that's that. Er, I'm sorry, who's the boss here? If I did that at work I'd get sacked (again within reason, if in my office job I was told to clean toilets, I'd be saying no!). But learning a new move is part of the job in football and if the manager stays to a player do it, then he should make an effort to do it.

Whether he actually learns that move is another matter, but he should be making the effort regardless.

Unless how it's programmed is how it is in real life?

Manager> 'Player X, stop diving into tackles, you're always giving away free kicks'

Player X> 'Nah, forget that boss, don't think I want to change my game'

Manager>'oh...ok'

Kan my good friend that is the best thing i have ever read on these forums..a club policy regarding performance ratings and discipline!!

And yes again,totally agree,the player should infact attempt to change his ways.

My Boss..`You know Mercedes are believably picky and stuck up when it comes to their products,the colour of this product is a little off.

Me..`Nah it will be okay,so what if its a multi million pound contract i dont care,it wouldnt be beneficial to me in anyway`.

You could take through to medical stuff as well. Have a policy set up so that any player with a cold or flu automatically gets sent home.

You're just told then that they've been sent home. You can then make a decision on whether you want to call them back and have them treated by the physio and therefore be able to play them in the next game. In all the years, I don't think I've ever had a physio treat someone for a cold/flu. The only time I could see someone wanting to do that would be if it was like a cup final or playoff final maybe.

i dont think i would ever use something like this as i am a soft manager who thinks that my teams happiness is the most important thing, but i would love to see this option added to the game for the more angry type managers who will get angry at a draw when they shouldve won it.

"Any complacency in this second leg will result in an ass-fisting with a four-by-two. Got it?"

Yeah, agree teamtalks need a lot more than 5 staged variations, or at least more individual options.

I hate it when I want to say, don;t let your performance drop, and it's not an option available.

I wish you could do some sort of 'shout' to your own players during the match. Something like "wake up!" or maybe something stronger when individual players do something wrong. I think this should tie in with the backroom advice because my coaches always tell me that we concede goals between certain times which would lead me to believe we lose concentration then.

It would be a very nice touch, half time losing throw boots at the whole team. Likely to happen no. Could also be a great way to get a player out of your club.

as much as its harsh, i completly agree with this one. hard for me to sell players like bendtner and this might just be the answer. Chuck a boot at him and he might just leave.

When I had an idiotic right back at QPR who would keep getting sent off and moan about 'unfair treatment' when I gave him a caution or fined him (though I only fined him when he got two red cards in three games), I would've loved to have been able to have an option to throw something at him.

We do need this feature though if it does happen, I'd have to control myself as I might be tempted to go a bit overboard if my team was on a crap run of form. :D

I am a very angry manager,okay okay i am not absolutely terrible..just a little lol,within reason.

Something else that really annoys me is when you talk to the newspapers..such and such a person is unhappy...well if you was playing better i would praise you! If you was all playing very well i would say that our club will win the league!

Surely Tony Pulis has the title of how best to stop a players moan with the naked assault. Just imagine the reaction that would be to get undressed in the changing rooms and then headbutt one of your players for complaining.

2 of my under 18's refused to accept a change in behaviour, in particular arguing with officials. Asked them again, same refusal. Got rid of them, 5 minutes later. OK it cost me short term, but in the long term you do not want a couple of cocky know it alls spoiling it for the rest of the team. Board have got to appreciate squad harmony etc. Brian Clough & Stan Cullis would not tolerate this behaviour, nor will I !!!!

Theyv'e got a lot to learn haven't they (players and board alike).

Anybody else read Cloughie's autobio; recommend it. A great read about a great bloke. How many managers today would mend and clean terraces like he did at Hartlepool.

Sorry, slightly of thread but the principle of giving your best is still paramount

I would definitely like more options regarding discipline - especially when players go to the press about things....

for example "" player x has told the daily mirror that he is unhappy with manaer selection" etc.. this is definitely unprofessional behaviour and you should be able to at least have the ability to try and stamp this sort of thing out of your team

Yeah this is an annoying situation. If you fine a player for getting sent off the whole team rebels because you being unfair. If you don't everyone gets upset by lack of managerial discipline.

Tricky one fining players in this game as everyone has the right to fine players for what reason you feel fit, but have notice fines for poor performance gives me major strife and a low morale on the whole squad, so no longer fine the poor performers i just drop them for the next 2 or 3 games.

Should be better system towards dicipline and fining as it's very tempermental right now.

The learning moves is about more than how they play for you, it's about how they play for anoyone ever.

Ie "stop diving into tackles Robbie" = set tackling to easy.

"Eradicate big tackles from your game forever (scholes?), so that whoever you play for, you play this way...."

I would definitely like more options regarding discipline - especially when players go to the press about things....

for example "" player x has told the daily mirror that he is unhappy with manaer selection" etc.. this is definitely unprofessional behaviour and you should be able to at least have the ability to try and stamp this sort of thing out of your team

For this I always drop the player to the reserves until they snap out of it with the "X has resolved his differences..." message. If they don't then they're sold although I think I only had to do that once and it was a player I wasn't that bothered to lose anyway.

The learning moves is about more than how they play for you, it's about how they play for anoyone ever.

Ie "stop diving into tackles Robbie" = set tackling to easy.

"Eradicate big tackles from your game forever (scholes?), so that whoever you play for, you play this way...."

But then how do you tell a player to place shots in the corner for you using the tactics because normally he skies them all over the place? Or chip the goalkeeper, or rifle in free kicks?

If I get told to learn something new by my boss it'll be for the benefit of the company I'm with and I can then take that skill with me and use it at another company if I move. Normally I have to learn the new skills as part of the job - footballers should be no different.

For this I always drop the player to the reserves until they snap out of it with the "X has resolved his differences..." message. If they don't then they're sold although I think I only had to do that once and it was a player I wasn't that bothered to lose anyway.

This usually works for me. Every time I've tried it, they quickly resolved their problems. This even stopped a potential mutiny, when I fined Lewin Nyatanga for a dreadful performance (probably about 4.5 IIRC) and the whole squad became unhappy. As soon as Nyatanga was dropped to the reserve team, the "resolved their differences wiht the management" messages began to flood in and within a week or so everything was back to normal.

Heh, from reading the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about the 46,221 patch complaint threads that keep popping up at the moment... ;)

Nah im trying to keep it away from `bad patches and bugs` related issues...

Archived