10.3 feedback

Since the so called "official" thread regarding 10.3 includes some useless posts (first two pages full of some flapping ****) "Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please" I decided to give a feedback. After I downloaded the patch I have started a new game with my beloved Chelsea, I played 7 matches and this is what I noticed already:

3d match engine:

- 99% of headers go over the top

- too many shots are blocked in one-on-one situations, it doesn't work for opposition of course, they seem to score way easier

- still seems like such stats as crossing and free kicks are useless since every crossing is perfect and scoring from a free kick has lower chance to happen than winning in a lottery

- same staff all the time

- players waiting for the ball to get close to them to finaly make a move for the ball just to give it away to an opponent player who was running to it as well, it's like my player was waiting to get the ball and give it back instead of chasing it to avoid such situation

- touchline instructions being "Pending" from the 60th minute till the end of the much (LOL!!!)

- showing offside way too long after the goal

- corner bug is hilarious, have you actually tested the patch before release?

general tips:

- fix transfers system

(don't make us pay 3 times the player value every time we want to buy some1, no matter whether it's a world class player or some decent/crap one, don't let staff members change clubs twice a year, don't let some youth players ask for first team role or some sick wages, give us an opportunity to actualy get a backup status GK, etc.)

- fix training system

(let us decide what do we want to improve on a given player and just generate appropriate training schedule, don't make us go and do an MA degree in training systems, physiotherapy, etc just to understand the whole system, etc.)

- fix scouting system

(make it finaly work as intended, for now it's just sending a scout to see whether a player is 2 or 3 stars, the potential value I would have to pay is almost never correct, etc.)

- fix staff system

(don't make us sack the whole staff just to hire same class trainers over and over again, 2 stars trainers in Barca/MU/etc. ?)

- fix/remove conferences

(make logical questions and answers and don't make us go to a conference every bloody day or let us send an assistant who will actually give intelligent answers ((I have sent assistant as CIty and he was answered who will win the tittle, he said "MU", ROFL, not to mention morale going down most of the times I send assistant)) or simply remove the whole conference system if you can't make it work as intended

- remove face generation engine

focus on more important issues, really, we don't care bout some silly looking faces of some randomly generated players, seriously.

- 99% of headers go over the top - I get this. I have a defender who is 19/19 and yet always heads it over. lol

- too many shots are blocked in one-on-one situations, it doesn't work for opposition of course, they seem to score way easier - seems to be the same with me also.

- still seems like such stats as crossing and free kicks are useless since every crossing is perfect and scoring from a free kick has lower chance to happen than winning in a lottery - Not sure ive noticed this. The opposition always score they'r free-kicks though.

- same staff all the time - Doesn't this happen in real-life? staff rarely move about like players do.

- players waiting for the ball to get close to them to finaly make a move for the ball just to give it away to an opponent player who was running to it as well, it's like my player was waiting to get the ball and give it back instead of chasing it to avoid such situation - always been an issue that still hasn't been fixed.

- touchline instructions being "Pending" from the 60th minute till the end of the much (LOL!!!) - I cant even make any tactical changes

- showing offside way too long after the goal - There is a delay yes, but not that long, sometimes this is reflective in real-life situations

- corner bug is hilarious, have you actually tested the patch before release? - I havent come across this yet

Since the so called "official" thread regarding 10.3 includes some useless posts (first two pages full of some flapping ****) "Patch 10.3 - Official feedback thread - Keep it here please" I decided to give a feedback. After I downloaded the patch I have started a new game with my beloved Chelsea, I played 7 matches and this is what I noticed already:

3d match engine:

- 99% of headers go over the top

- too many shots are blocked in one-on-one situations, it doesn't work for opposition of course, they seem to score way easier

- still seems like such stats as crossing and free kicks are useless since every crossing is perfect and scoring from a free kick has lower chance to happen than winning in a lottery

- same staff all the time

- players waiting for the ball to get close to them to finaly make a move for the ball just to give it away to an opponent player who was running to it as well, it's like my player was waiting to get the ball and give it back instead of chasing it to avoid such situation

- touchline instructions being "Pending" from the 60th minute till the end of the much (LOL!!!)

- showing offside way too long after the goal

- corner bug is hilarious, have you actually tested the patch before release?

general tips:

- fix transfers system

(don't make us pay 3 times the player value every time we want to buy some1, no matter whether it's a world class player or some decent/crap one, don't let staff members change clubs twice a year, don't let some youth players ask for first team role or some sick wages, give us an opportunity to actualy get a backup status GK, etc.)

That isn't the case at all. Obviously for world class players clubs will demand huge amounts as they don't want to lose one of their star players, but its easy to make signings for close to the players value. Here are some of my signings so far in my Sunderland game. Rivaldo - Value £300k, Transfer £400k. Fabio - Value £3.2m, Transfer £3.9m. Enyeama - Value £500k, Transfer £900k. Magallón - Value £1.5m, Transfer £2.7m.

That doesn't really sound like I have paid 3 times the players value for any of them.

As for youth players, in reality there will be players who are big headed and believe they deserve an important role at any club, and there will be youngsters who demand big wages if they are being chased by a big club, just because they can.

If you actually take some time to think about it you will see that its nowhere near as unrealistic as you think.

- fix training system

(let us decide what do we want to improve on a given player and just generate appropriate training schedule, don't make us go and do an MA degree in training systems, physiotherapy, etc just to understand the whole system, etc.)

It is easy to understand. How can you not figure out what the area called "attacking" will improve. Or perhaps you thought that if you had a lot of "defending" training then your players might become better strikers? If you have any common sense at all then it is very simple to understand.

- fix scouting system

(make it finaly work as intended, for now it's just sending a scout to see whether a player is 2 or 3 stars, the potential value I would have to pay is almost never correct, etc.)

You think that scouts are able to tell you exactly how much a club would be prepared to sell a player for? They give you an estimate, thats all they can do, both in reality and in the game.

Also, the scouts do a lot more than I think you recognise. By actually reading the scout reports you can get quite a good understanding of the players hidden attributes and it can be very useful. For example, I have pulled out of signings in the past because my scouts have seen him struggle in important matches.

- fix staff system

(don't make us sack the whole staff just to hire same class trainers over and over again, 2 stars trainers in Barca/MU/etc. ?)

I don't see whats wrong with this either. As a whole, the coaching staff are better at good clubs than bad. In reality there will be a range of abilities and some coaches may not appear great on the surface but are good if you look closer. For example, a coach may not be the best there is in terms of his ability, but he might be very good at getting the best out of youngsters, so while he cannot coach them to as high a level as some others coaches, he can get them started and get them to an OK level quicker than some of the better coaches.

- fix/remove conferences

(make logical questions and answers and don't make us go to a conference every bloody day or let us send an assistant who will actually give intelligent answers ((I have sent assistant as CIty and he was answered who will win the tittle, he said "MU", ROFL, not to mention morale going down most of the times I send assistant)) or simply remove the whole conference system if you can't make it work as intended

You don't have to go to one "every bloody day". You have the option of a press conference if you sign a player (like in reality), you have a press conference before a match (like in reality), and you sometimes have one after a match (like in reality). I have found that the AssMan is generally OK at press conferences except for the issue you mentioned where they forget who their rivals are when answering who will win the league.

- remove face generation engine

focus on more important issues, really, we don't care bout some silly looking faces of some randomly generated players, seriously.

There is no harm in it. Its not a system which requires them to put any work into as it doesn't need any changes. Once they had developed it, it will have changed very little, if at all, so its not going to be draining resources from other development areas. If you realy don't like it then turn the faces off.

In conclusion, you are an idiot.

Archived