Semi-professional reputation for manager question

Seems strange for me but when I've started the game with Automatic rep., I've always had Continental in-game rep. at least. And when I've started as Pro. Footballer, I've had only National. So I guess that Semi-Pro results in Local in-game rep.

I just did a few tests with this and here's what happens:

If you select only the top level leagues to be playable and select your reputation as Automatic, then you will have Continental reputation. However, if you select lower level leagues, then on Automatic setting your reputation will be lower, usually National.

Semi-Pro is Regional

Professional is National

Automatic reputation should give you just enough reputation for a) the team you start with or b) average reputation of the teams in the lowest league you have loaded - it's been bugged in FM10 all along and hasn't been fixed though.

Automatic reputation should give you just enough reputation for a) the team you start with or b) average reputation of the teams in the lowest league you have loaded - it's been bugged in FM10 all along and hasn't been fixed though.

Yes, that's what I've come to realize too. I've stopped using Automatic and just select Semi-Pro from now on.

Archived