Do the squads make sense?

Transfers are up to date so the squads look as they do now. However the injuries from the beginning of the season are still included and are not as they are now.

In other words if you want to play with your teams current side you can't bacause injuries prevent you.

Strange.

It isn't possible to start the game at 5th March either so it is all generally inconsistent. I hate having transfers/loans/injuries that occures after my game start date...makes it too unrealistic for me!!

You can still start with the 10.2 database if you want to - this way the squads will start in the game how they started the season. Just select the 10.2 database when you load up a game. The 10.3 bug fixes will still be present.

You can still start with the 10.2 database if you want to - this way the squads will start in the game how they started the season. Just select the 10.2 database when you load up a game. The 10.3 bug fixes will still be present.

They are still wrong though. I don't want my squad to start as it was on 31st August, I want it to be as it was on 6th June or whatever date it is we start the game, else it is ridiculous. I start managing a club and find that 5 players are out on season-long loans who I would quite like to have used in my squad, but they are non-recallable. Had the squads been correct for the date the season long loans would not yet have been decided on.

They are still wrong though. I don't want my squad to start as it was on 31st August, I want it to be as it was on 6th June or whatever date it is we start the game, else it is ridiculous. I start managing a club and find that 5 players are out on season-long loans who I would quite like to have used in my squad, but they are non-recallable. Had the squads been correct for the date the season long loans would not yet have been decided on.

It's not ridiculous at all to be honest. I think this is one of those things where SI just do what will please the majority of users. It may not be entirely realistic, but remember it is just a game.

I'll add a reason here as to why this will please some people.

Take my favourite club, Southampton, for example. If Saints started FM10 as they started on the season start date in the game, then the club would still be in administration, so Markus Liebherr would be nowhere to be seen, and Saints wouldn't have players such as Rickie Lambert in the side, even though he joined after only one or two games had been played.

Saints fans wouldn't be very happy at starting their season with what remains of the youth side from last season!

This is only an example, but it does show why in some cases, the way it's done in the game makes perfect sense.

There should be a transfer update for the start of the season, but it shouldn't be thrust upon us. If you take control of Southampton in the summer then Rickie Lambert was still at Bristol Rovers and I imagine Bristol Rovers fans would want to start the game with him.

If the base database was correct for the date you actually start playing the game (i.e. the date you take over a club assuming you don't start unemployed) then everything else can be data updates like those we get now in January.

Or at least make all pre-set loans have the recall option on them! I want to make decisions on who leaves my squad on loan at the start of a season!

Archived