Scottish SFA too harsh? (10.3)

Anyone noticed how harsh the Scottish SFA are?

Very hard to please. I got rotten feedback for finishing 2nd in the four nations tournament because they expected me to win. They claimed I was miles behind the winner when I was only 2 points behind.

I also get high criticism for not winning every game and when I beat a team that is better than me 1-0 they still slate me and fans claim it was just an ok result.

This needs to be toned down a lot. Highly unrealistic.

I just beat Holland 2-1 away from home and they only think its a 'good' result. Get lost, it was an outstanding result. Really annoying, what do I need to do beat Brazil 10-0 before they are delighted. The fans are just as bad.

Now Scotland beat the Czech's last night and we are all delighted with the result despite a poor performance. Yet in FM the board are rarely pleased.

To be honest it depends who you talk to, I know Scotland fans who are already complaining about Levein because of the performance.

In my experience it's always harder to get the board or the fans happy in international management than in club management.

I just beat Holland 2-1 away from home and they only think its a 'good' result. Get lost, it was an outstanding result. Really annoying, what do I need to do beat Brazil 10-0 before they are delighted. The fans are just as bad.

Now Scotland beat the Czech's last night and we are all delighted with the result despite a poor performance. Yet in FM the board are rarely pleased.

It happens. With Montrose (I've just restarted, so I'm in the third division), I've just beaten two first division sides away from home, one in the challenge cup and one in the league cup, and yet according to the confidence screen these are just 'good' results, even bearing in mind my opponents in both games were strong odds-on favourites.

The key thing is not taking it personally. As long as you are getting wins, there's not much they can rightfully complain about.

Wow! Just imagine if that really happened!

Even in a friendly, beating Holland away would have been lauded as if we were odds-on favourites to lift the World Cup.

When Scotland beat France away 2 and a half years ago - I wonder what this game would have said about such a magnificent result.

Perhaps the end of game team talk would be like this:

you press "Ask Assistant" he says to all the players "Disappointing" (or "Tell the players that it was a poor performance despite the result")

Archived