10.3 - Long Term Games - Are they better?

The reason i quit playing this game was that long term were completely rubbish due to the bizarre attributes newgens had. IE very few central defenders being able to jump,very few DM being able to mark, etc....

So....does anyone know has this been improved? In the change list it says regen attributes and development were tweaked, but has anyone played or simmed ahead 10-15 years to see if it is indeed better now?

Tbh, I have not exactly had this problem before myself and I've only played about the last year of my long term save on 10.3 (so haven't really seen much 10.3 regens) but personally being in the year 2020 I haven't had any problems with regens. I don't look at attributes too much myself - if a player performs like I expect him to I don't have any worries.

Except for players who play a max of 5years for my team(Chelsea) and then decide that rather than playing for the best team in the gameworld atm they'd rather have a new challenge, but that's an entirely different gripe.. :)

If anything, the first few batches of newgens have been a little TOO good. Whether they keep getting better and better, I can't say. But first impressions are that the attribute balancing is much better than on 10.2, although not perfect - still a few corkers with low stamina but high pace/accelleration. From what I've seen in the first couple of seasons, the big issues like DM marking and DC jumping seem to be heading in the right direction.

• 3 weeks later...

I run the game for 1 year(in game time obviously) with version 10.3 an they tweak regens well.

They are now much better like previous versions of FM.

Indeed, i could sport 4-5 really good regens within 1 year starting at 17y old CA at 140 with really good grades on pertinent line.

An example is a 17y old player starting with 18 finishing. Will post a screenshot while back at home.

I was also very frustrating about regens in 10.1 and 10.2 versions.

Charly

I run the game for 1 year(in game time obviously) with version 10.3 an they tweak regens well.

They are now much better like previous versions of FM.

Indeed, i could spot 4-5 really good regens within 1 year starting at 17y old CA at 140 with really good grades on pertinent line.

An example is a 17y old player starting with 18 finishing. Will post a screenshot while back at home.

I was also very frustrating about regens in 10.1 and 10.2 versions.

Charly

I'm in 2024/2025 season now and I think the new regens attributes are quite believable. There were the odd regens with unusual traits e.g. a left-footed right back, but the attributes are fine.

I think the attribute generation in FM10 follows some sort of positional template; the best tacklers are usually slower and play as a central defender, the DMs that are good at passing usually can't tackle and have low strength and vice versa, the tall strikers are usually good headers but poor finishers, etc. There are also either-footed regens, which was a problem in the early patches of FM09.

There's definitely been an improvement in FM10

It 50/50 for me, sometimes I find great newgens but alot are pretty terrible only because of their attributes.

- A lot of defenders with <9 jumping, I had such a good newgen with 20 for tackling but he had 6 for jumping and got destroyed.

- Low positioning for defenders, this is a lot easier to improve than jumping, so not too bad.

- Way too many left wingers and left backs, might just be my save.

If you have enough leagues going your bound to find some gems, and for the first time in FM history I've been pleased with my youth academy.

Archived