How to extract/use 10.3 update?

i have downloaded 10.3 update but when i attempt to extract file to update, it just launches FM2010 game? I have added '.exe' but still this does not work?

What appliction/programme should the update use to extract? - it currently uses the game which is not right

iv deleted all evidence of download and now re-downloading and have named .exe from start of download see it this file works? i think i prob have opened a file using fm before so my comp now recognises file type and trys to open similar files with FM automatically

iv deleted all evidence of download and now re-downloading and have named .exe from start of download see it this file works? i think i prob have opened a file using fm before so my comp now recognises file type and trys to open similar files with FM automatically

So does it work now?

If it does and that was the problem, a good piece of advice is to never tick the 'always open with this program' box when choosing programs to runs files with. :thup:

" A sharing violation occurred while accessing C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\fm.exe."

Try re-downloading it again. It sounds like you might have a corrupt download.

Man... things aren't going easy for you, are they? :D

My method was to add it to a WinRar archive and DC click the file from witin WinRar. The installer then booted from there. Forget about the file association with FM if you have already tried, it does not change. As long as you are using an .zip archiver, that will work. Don't extract it, just run it from the Archiver!

Ok. still rename the file with a .exe suffux at the end of the file. Then add the file to an archive ( I would suggest WinRar). Whatever .zip archive you have, run the archiver. The file should be donated being a .zip, whether that a WinZip or WinRar does not matter(download at WinRar at cnet.com/zdnet.com) then within the archiver (App) just double click the file and the installer should be accessed. The installer will dump the files to the data dir and everything should be fine. Any probs just repost. You should not have to redownload the patch. It will work trust me!

Archived