Much needed player attribute for 2011?

Quite simply "run with ball".

I hadn't really thought about it until I watched an old West Ham game from the 80's on TV the other day. It was whailst watching this that I noticed the difference bewteen West Ham's wide men of the time Devonshire and Ward. Devonshire was a dribbler with close control and he weaved in and out of defenders, whereas Ward was better pushing the ball farther forward and running on to it. In the same distance Ward would maybe touch the ball forward 3 times but Devonshire maybe 10 or so.

I know the player instructions have "RWB" but that and dribbling are two totally different attributes and there isn't an attribute for RWB. Is it incorporated with dribbling, is it hidden or does it not exist? Anyone know?

There is the "Runs With Ball Often" PPM which would cover this

Sorry Ter I forgot to mention that. The problem with PPM's is that a lot of the time the players responds negatively and says it wouldn't benefit him. I tried this PPM with Etherington and he refused so what can you do?!

That's what I thought a RWB attribute is required for all players alongside a dribbling stat. For instance I would say that Craig Bellamy should be maybe a 14 for dribbling but at least an 18 for RWB, whereas Yossib Benayoun would probably be a 17 for dribbling but a 13 or so for RWB.

Balance comes into dribbling ability as well.

I personally prefer the PPM solution. It means that you have to think more about the specific player you're buying and whether he fits into your system, rather than simply choosing the player who has the highest star rating from your scouts. This is far more realistic, and is the way clubs and managers operate in the real world.

Quite simply "run with ball".

I hadn't really thought about it until I watched an old West Ham game from the 80's on TV the other day. It was whailst watching this that I noticed the difference bewteen West Ham's wide men of the time Devonshire and Ward. Devonshire was a dribbler with close control and he weaved in and out of defenders, whereas Ward was better pushing the ball farther forward and running on to it. In the same distance Ward would maybe touch the ball forward 3 times but Devonshire maybe 10 or so.

I know the player instructions have "RWB" but that and dribbling are two totally different attributes and there isn't an attribute for RWB. Is it incorporated with dribbling, is it hidden or does it not exist? Anyone know?

Another way of looking at it would be to say Ward has a high dribbling but low technique attribute while Devonshire would have both high - this may not be how it currently is but would be a way of instituting this difference

Archived