crash dump

i got the game quite late and i started a career as aston villa

im not using and pastch (which now i realise was a massive mistake) and my game just crash dump and i cant load it back up...what do i do? and will i be able to keep my save??

• Administrators

If it crashed whilst saving then yes it's unlikely your save game can be recovered. I'd suggest doing a manual uninstall, reinstalling the patching up to 10.3.

Details on the manual uninstall here - http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4455346&postcount=11

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

I had this a lot on the original patch. You have to delete the settings folder. Go to username>appsdata>roaming>sports interactive>football manager 2010> and delete the settings folder. It will then (or should) load back up to your previous save. Always have it on a 3 file rolling save, as crash dumps can corrupt a save and then it will be lost.

If you decide to stay with current save game you will just have to manually save every so often,,,as the crash dumps will come back. And the further along into the save the more often they seem to get also. Best bet get what you wnt out of this save then ,, start a new save with lastet patch. You can DL 10.2 tho and not lose your current save. That might help a bit mate.

Archived