Are offside goals in your favour a rare thing ?

Have played quite a number of games in FM 2010. And I can't say I have ever once seen an offside goal given in my favour. Yet I have seen quite a few given to the opposition, and a few of my goals wrongly chalked off for offside even though the player was onside.

Is this another one to add to the list of '10 things that the opposition will always do better than you'

• Administrators

I get a few and to be fair I don't play an offside trap. I'd say I'm generally creating more chances than the opposition so am likelier to get offside goals go against me, but it's certainly not a case of exclusively in the AI's favour.

I've had a few on FM10 (never got any on FM09!). I once had one where one of my players went for a 30 yard screamer and it took a massive deflection off my other player who was about 5 yards offside and went in. To add insult to injury, one of their players got a second yellow for moaning at the ref!

It may sometimes seem like the opposition scores a lot more of these than you do, but for almost every single goal scored against you, your players will have a go at the ref saying it was offside (even though he was 20 yards onside when he got the ball).

I don't see many offside goals at all, to be honest...but then, I'm a bit like Swansea - don't score many, don't concede many :D What annoys me, though, is the number of times that a goal is clearly onside and the defender who was playing the striker on starts arguing with the linesman; I see that quite a lot.

...and a special mention to one memorable offside goal, where the striker was clearly a few yards offside, and both Wayne Rooney (shock) and Wes Brown got yellows for arguing with the linesman. Sod's law, eh?

Have played quite a number of games in FM 2010. And I can't say I have ever once seen an offside goal given in my favour. Yet I have seen quite a few given to the opposition, and a few of my goals wrongly chalked off for offside even though the player was onside.

Is this another one to add to the list of '10 things that the opposition will always do better than you'

I see some fairly often, where my striker is clearly offside but the flag stays down ... so it does happen :)

No.

The rules (including the ones they get wrong) are the same for you as they are for the AI.

I believe the AI doesn't cheat.

i have a striker who has the ppm "likes to try to beat the offside trap", and most of his goals are almost offiside and there have been a few throughout the season that the ref and linesman have allowed when they were offside. I love it.:)

I had so many on 10.2 patch. Probably around 1 goal in every 3-5 games was offside, but that was because I was scoring a lot. I don't notice it as much as 10.3 has let my team do more killer balls to a player well onside.

If I had to pick a number I would say I have 1 goal disallowed for any 2 the opponent has disallowed. I play with offside-trap (need fast defenders obviously). Yesterday I was playing at San Siro with Juve and Milan had 2 goals disallowed in 3 minutes, and I score a penalty 3 minutes after that stealing 3 points, so I can't say I'm the victim here ... it's all about how you play and the players executing that causes offsides (and thus disallowed goals for offside).

Archived