An ejoyable save...

Ok guys im tired :(and been losing my mind trying to think...so im gonna ask the people in here....who should i be managing in the EPL:D....or which save do ull think i would enjoy..(please no top 4 cause i wanna build my team my way...) :cool:go ahead and pls give a reason as well..and which saves have ull enjoyed playing with thank you...im in it for the long haul...so if that makes any difference:confused:

Ok guys im tired :(and been losing my mind trying to think...so im gonna ask the people in here....who should i be managing in the EPL:D....or which save do ull think i would enjoy..(please no top 4 cause i wanna build my team my way...) :cool:go ahead and pls give a reason as well..and which saves have ull enjoyed playing with thank you...im in it for the long haul...so if that makes any difference:confused:

and yet you've lasted less than a week with your Everton save......

yes cougar...thank you for pointing it out to me...the fact is that i dint get into it..as i've been bussy...and vermundr...i find the other leagues to boring as i not really know to much about them or the teamss

me as well always take charge at man utd for my first save.

i can never see how you can make a long term save with any of the top teams? ive never statred as anyone above spurs and only do that when the game is released to get used to it.

The smaller or lesser clubs, or rather the clubs with a lot to do are undoubtedly more interesting than managing Manchester Utd etc.

If you are only going to manage in the Premier League, which may actually be one of the least interesing to manage, then try Fulham perhaps. Bugger all budget of course, and your best players are getting on, but the squad has a deceptive depth, and you can sell player like Hughes to raise cash. I sold hughes, a totally average player, for £3m, and bought in Steve Taylor off newcastle for £2.5, plus 2.5 spread over 40 something mths. Anyway they are really fun to manager. Or else i'd try a lower league-Ipswich in CCC, or Leeds/Southampton in league 1 are fun and 'long-haul' saves. Just browse all the clubs that catch your eye and start somewhere, if your good you'll be offered better jobs.

If you're gonna venture out of england there's so much to choose from, a massive array of french team begging to hit the big time, restore PSG to the top of French football(they are mid-table now), or Toulouse, montpellier etc, German teams such as hoffenheim or stuttgardt, palermo, genoa, napoli in italy etc...just have a research and something will stand out

Yup, team you support is always first choice for me (Man City in my case), then I'll 'branch out' from there with other saves. I usually deciude on teams based on 'scenarios': a struggling team, a rich team, a poor team, team with good youth system, etc. - different starting expectations and challenges, and the players and finances also provide future incentives to play with each club, which I take in to consideration also.

I'd go with your supported team first, especially if you don't know who to play as or if you're just not experienced with FM10. You learn about rare players abroad whatever league you play in via searches and scouts, so I'd stick with the EPL if that's where you're most comfy.

i can never see how you can make a long term save with any of the top teams? ive never statred as anyone above spurs and only do that when the game is released to get used to it.

i do have a few various saves with other clubs in different countries and the lower league as i enjoy them as well.

Just that i like to have a man utd save going as well.

I'd suggest maybe try managing somewhere else besides the EPL or England altogether. I'm in the same boat as you right now, trying to get into a career since updating to 10.3

First I started a career with Ashford Town, but any enthusiasm for it fizzled away quickly. Then I decided to go to Italy and started another career with Legnano. That one lasted a bit longer, until about mid September at which point I realized that I simply didn't feel or care enough for the team to really keep going.

Now I just started a third career with Rayo Vallecano in Spain. Plus I feel enthusiastic about this one, so we'll see how it goes.

Why not try Newcastle- you start in the Championship, but can easily gain promotion and get to build your own team. Maybe someone like Burnley or Wolves would be good, too.

I would recommend something outside of the EPL though- try BSP or BSN/BSS. Maybe go somewhere abroad- might I suggest Sochaux in France? I had a save going with them that I thoroughly enjoyed, I only stopped cause of the new patch. They have great youth facilities, but not much else. Here again, you have a chance to mold your own team, build their reputation, and to develop youngsters.

After couple of weeks I've spent reading the forum, I have a strong feeling that most of the players live in Great Britain in some parallel world - as it's only piece of land in the Great World Sea and so the national leagues which are in this world are only English and Scottish. Well, I like english football and think the Premiership is the most interesting national League in the world. But playing only there is like going to cinema only to see the movies you've previously seen.

Try playing in France. It's just the other side of Channel.

My favourite saves have been: -

EPL - Everton (attempting to improve the squad to regularly challange for trophies each season)

Romanian Leage - Timisoara (Atempting to dominate league whilst breeding the nucleus of the national side)

SPL - Aberdeen (an attempt at restoring glory back to the club)

Archived