Considering making a Man Utd Legends team...

But I'm stuck as to what players I should have in the squad, since there have been so many down the years.

Could some of you please help?

Since obviously I can't put everyone in the squad, there are a few players I can't choose between! e.g. Keane / Robson / Charlton / Scholes - Cantona / Cole / Law / van Nistelrooy... Etc Etc. I don't want to have all of them since that would be stupid.

Please input a name and state your case :)

Many Thanks,

Mad Brad

Theres quite a few i could name loads

George Best

Ryan Giggs

Schmeichel

irwin

bruce

pallister to name a few but theres one true legend

20legend

ole Gunner with out a shadow of a doubt.

Irwin! Slipped my mind! Cheers bud!

I have got the Man U encyclopedia but can't be buggered to go through it at this time.

oh dont forget tiabi hes alegend as united fans will never forget him. Unfortunatly not the way he wouldve liked.

Not a chance mate! He'll be going into the U18's. There he wouldn't be able to cause any more damage! Same with Bosnic.

I'd say cantona, for the time he was with the red devils he made a huge impact on the team, and in my opnion the greatest striker that ever graced manchester united with his presence on and off the football pitch.

(Once you make it could you upload it please? :))

Thanks for the input guys! Building up quite a list now. Think its gonna have to be pick the players at random to decide the squad.

Eric Djemba-Djemba - so good they named him twice.

Karel Poborsky

Jordi Cruyff

Juan Seba Veron

David Bellion

Kleberson

Diego Forlan

Or perhaps these players are just Man United legends to people who aren't fans of the club ;)

Mate, you forgot Bathez!

Eric Djemba-Djemba - so good they named him twice.

Karel Poborsky

Jordi Cruyff

Juan Seba Veron

David Bellion

Kleberson

Diego Forlan

Or perhaps these players are just Man United legends to people who aren't fans of the club ;)

Diego Forlan legend for banging 2 past the scousers lol

I'm gobsmacked that no one has mentioned the king himself. Kind Denis Law of the stretford End.

Others:

Nobby Stiles

Billy Meredith

Bill Foulkes

Alex Stepney

Tony Dunne

Mark Hughes

Brian McClair

Jack Rowley

Martin Buchan

Sammy Mcilroy

100% Duncan Edwards, don't forget parker at right back,

another decent team would be all the players united nearly signed then backed out/got cancelled... thinking benzema up front w/ronaldinho, ballack in mf, kevin hofland at cb etc

I would never have Ballack in my team. W**ker! I would love to interview the bloke though.

"So Michael, you decided to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United and you were quoted as saying the reason for you decision was because, 'Chelsea are a stronger team'! How does it make you feel that since you turned United down, they have won the Premier League title three times consecutively and made two Champoins League final appearances, beating your Chelsea team in the 2008 final, two League Cups, a World Club Cup and 4 Community Shields. While all you have achieved in your tenure in England is one FA Cup Winners Medal?

"How does it make you feel Mr Bollock, just how does that makee you feel?"

Since obviously I can't put everyone in the squad, there are a few players I can't choose between! e.g. Keane / Robson / Charlton / Scholes - Cantona / Cole / Law / van Nistelrooy... Etc Etc. I don't want to have all of them since that would be stupid.

Surely you can have all four of those midfielders, especially as they were all different types of player? Four central midfielders seems perfect.

Cole? Really? I wouldn't put Andy Cole on the level of Cantona, Law, RVN or Rooney.

I would never have Ballack in my team. W**ker! I would love to interview the bloke though.

"So Michael, you decided to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United and you were quoted as saying the reason for you decision was because, 'Chelsea are a stronger team'! How does it make you feel that since you turned United down, they have won the Premier League title three times consecutively and made two Champoins League final appearances, beating your Chelsea team in the 2008 final, two League Cups, a World Club Cup and 4 Community Shields. While all you have achieved in your tenure in England is one FA Cup Winners Medal?

"How does it make you feel Mr Bollock, just how does that makee you feel?"

Sounding very bitter there that he rejected you.

I would put Andy Cole in ahead of RVN, Cole is one of the highest prem scorers ever.

100% Duncan Edwards, don't forget parker at right back,

another decent team would be all the players united nearly signed then backed out/got cancelled... thinking benzema up front w/ronaldinho, ballack in mf, kevin hofland at cb etc

Torres..fergie had the chance to sign him at 17 but said 'he would never develop to manchester uniteds standards...ouch.

Not bitter. Just think he's an... unmentionable, who needs to know he made the wrong choice :)

lol, I only wish my Sunderland team were in that position over the many players that have rejected us over the last two seasons. Oh and he is an unmentionable as you put it.

Really? He's second highest all time top scorer in the Premier League.

I thought he was third? Shearer and Henry...

"All time" is slightly misleading, don't you think? 15 years. Plus, most of those weren't for United.

I thought he was third? Shearer and Henry...

"All time" is slightly misleading, don't you think? 15 years. Plus, most of those weren't for United.

No he's sandwiched between Shearer (206) and Henry (174) with 187. It doesn't bother me that most of them weren't scored while he was at Man Utd, he was still brilliant while he was there. Paired with Yorke, they were both awesome!

Its hard to not think of him as a legend.

I said 'All time' as its easier to put rather than 'the 18 year history of the Premier League' :)

Archived