Watching matches...

Do you get paranoid that the game will think bad of you for not watching matches prop  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get paranoid that the game will think bad of you for not watching matches prop

• Yes, this awful curse haunts me too!
    • No, don't be daft. 8-)

Does anyone else get paranoid that when you put it to commentary only and put it to as fast as it can go, or anything faster than you normally watch it on etc that the game will penalise you for it and think you lazy. Then start docking you points etc for being such a lazy ****. Even if you still pay just as much attention to the crucial and important parts of the game and can still read the commentary, so it wouldn't be due to you just stopping paying actual attention.

It's just weird because i thought i was the only one to think so stupidly but it appear two of my mates have secretly always felt the same even from back in the days of CM being the #1 manager game.

Infact ima make it into a poll. :D

There have been far more baseless allegations posted on these forums as fact before!! We all know the AI is out to get us!!

I KNEW IT!! lol

Well, as my team has so far had this as its results:

Year 1- Quadruple (everything)

Year 2- Double (League and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup

Year 3- Treble (League, FA Cup and League Cup) +CS

Year 4- Treble (Europe, League and FA Cup) +CS

Year 5- Double (league and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup

Year 6- Just won the LC, still could win all others +CS

For year six from from now on, and the last ten matches or so i've had it on pure commentary and had it as fast as i can. So we'll see...thing is though due to poor selections on my behalf we're not as far ahead as we'd normally like to be and are atm tied with Man ****** for 1st spot. So if i lose the league idk if it will be a fair comparison.

I don't think the game will think badly of me or that the AI is out to get me, I just play every game because thats the way I think it should be. You don't see 'Arry, Pep or Jose just going on holiday or not taking in a match properly so you don't see me do it either!

I don't think the game will think badly of me or that the AI is out to get me, I just play every game because thats the way I think it should be. You don't see 'Arry, Pep or Jose just going on holiday or not taking in a match properly so you don't see me do it either!

See going on holiday. If your team is winning will they keep winning if you go on holiday? I've never done a holiday before on the game so if your team keeps itself at the level of the last game you where in charge of them, i might try it, until the Fiorentina job comes up.

Ok, with only comm and speeded up to the max i still got this in my sixth year:

Year 2- Double (Premiership and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup

Year 3- Treble (Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup) +CS (Euro q/f only cause already won the league and left my B team in for the return of Inter)

Year 4- Treble (Europe, Premiership and FA Cup) +CS

Year 5- Double (Premiership and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup (Europe semis)

Year 6- Treble (Premiership, League Cup + FA Cup) +CS (knocked out by an uber Juve team in the semis ONLY just)

So it looks like the AI doesn't dock you for not paying much attention except i still aid attention at crucial moments (things lie times i call sub time etc) and if any ijuries arise etc. So i think ima zoom though year after year now that i seem to have convinced myself it's ok...BUT what if the comp only lets you get away with it for a while, especially as is with my case you've been really successful before with the games on key events and speed on middle...

Well it's 2:1 on don't be daft...i think i would change my response to Don't Be Daft too now having ripped through two seasons and not had a dip, if anything the last two seasons have been slightly better; l ast half of 6 + all of 7 that is.

Well, as my team has so far had this as its results:

Year 2- Double (League and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup

Year 3- Treble (League, FA Cup and League Cup) +CS

Year 4- Treble (Europe, League and FA Cup) +CS

Year 5- Double (league and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup

Year 6- Just won the LC, still could win all others +CS

I don't believe this. Top team or not.

I don't believe this. Top team or not.

Read it and weep ******. Plus i'm literally one game away from winnning my 7th league IN A ROW and another FA Cup and already won this year's League Cup, that being the 2nd in a row out of many others, as you can see. Plus i'm in the semis for Champs League. It's just s shame i can't show you each league as it was and how early i won it and the huge points/goals tally etc. How many times my players have been player of the year, defender/mid/striker/keeper of the year and all the others. I might do it for this most recent year just to rub your ******** nose in it some more :}

14l2e0j.jpg

Read it and weep ******. Plus i'm literally one game away from winnning my 7th league IN A ROW and another FA Cup and already won this year's League Cup, that being the 2nd in a row out of many others, as you can see. Plus i'm in the semis for Champs League. It's just s shame i can't show you each league as it was and how early i won it and the huge points/goals tally etc. How many times my players have been player of the year, defender/mid/striker/keeper of the year and all the others. I might do it for this most recent year just to rub your ******** nose in it some more :}

14l2e0j.jpg

I meant the QFs for the C/L. That is when i generally win the league, before or after the first leg of the tie. Only one league did i have to win after the semis were on.

Just to rub your face in it more:

Year 2- Double (Premiership and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup (semis in europe)

Year 3- Treble (Premiership, FA Cup and League Cup) +CS (Euro q/f only cause already won the league and left my B team in for the return of Inter)

Year 5- Double (Premiership and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup (Europe semis)

Year 6- Treble (Premiership, League Cup + FA Cup) +CS (knocked out by an uber Juve team in the semis ONLY just)

Year 7- Quadruple (everything)

>;D

Opposite for me, when I play in commentary only, and set the speed to just over halfway, I seem to get much more favourable results than if I watch games.

When I watch games, I can never seem to score. This might not be a true fact, but for me it is. I played 40 minutes of a game watching full match and hammered the opposition but couldn't find a way past the defence. Put it on to commenatyr only and scored 3 goals in the next 7 minutes (5+2 stoppage)

Opposite for me, when I play in commentary only, and set the speed to just over halfway, I seem to get much more favourable results than if I watch games.

When I watch games, I can never seem to score. This might not be a true fact, but for me it is. I played 40 minutes of a game watching full match and hammered the opposition but couldn't find a way past the defence. Put it on to commenatyr only and scored 3 goals in the next 7 minutes (5+2 stoppage)

Interesting indeed, that's the kind of thing that used to make me paranoid. But the most recent quadruple and treble won without watching anything after the first half of season 6 and the Chapms League final (i was so sure i was going to gippo myself by watching it, thankfully i didn't). So there is definitely no corelation between the two.

It might have something to do with the way you manage when you don't watch any, i made sure i kept everything else the same so it was a more controlled experiment.

I'd also say i find it a lot less stressful watching the games this way. Idk about anyone else but i used to get so stressed about it sometimes (because i never cheat because as soon as i have i find a game is worthless to me) and those last goals agaonst you or for you etc used to stress me out quite a bit, along with the rest.

It's so stupid for a computer game, but you invet so much time and thought into it so it kinda makes sense. However this way not having to watch it and have my nerves stretched as a free kick is taked for example makes the game a lot more enjoyable, for me anyway. I still like to watch the odd matches atm, derbies, finals etc.

If i started a new game with a team who had a board who expected you ti win everything under the sun then i'd probably watch all the games again.

Kranenburg good job.

Thanks for swearing at me...

I hope you have a life too.

Hey you asked for it, it's not my problem if i don't take kindly to being called a liar. :)

Plus just to rub it in more;

Year 2- Double (Premiership and FA Cup) +CS, FWCC and Euro Super Cup (semis in europe)

Year 8- Double (Premiership and FA Cup) Plus FWCC, ESC and sadly only the final in the Champions League.

Dirty Harry, geez you are coming across as a real idiot. Obviously the meaning of Konfuchie's post was just to state how they were obviously surprised, and then they asked whether you were playing as a top team or not? Not once did I hear an accusation of you being called a liar, and the way you are acting like an idiot by getting all angry and defensive probably means you did edit your team in some way. Completely uncalled for, dude.

Dirty Harry, geez you are coming across as a real idiot. Obviously the meaning of Konfuchie's post was just to state how they were obviously surprised, and then they asked whether you were playing as a top team or not? Not once did I hear an accusation of you being called a liar, and the way you are acting like an idiot by getting all angry and defensive probably means you did edit your team in some way. Completely uncalled for, dude.

No it wasn't. Clearly english isn't your first language, i suggest you go and find someone who does speak natural english and then let them judge; without you bending their opinion. :rolleyes:

Hey you asked for it, it's not my problem if i don't take kindly to being called a liar. :)

Plus just to rub it in more;

Year 8- Double (Premiership and FA Cup) Plus FWCC, ESC and sadly only the final in the Champions League.

It should be flattering to you if your achievements are regarded as unbelievable by others.

The fact that you need to "rub others people noses with something tells a lot about you.

Archived