Scout Utility for 10.3?

Hi Guys,

Anyone know of any utility that works for patch 10.3 at the moment?

And please don't tell me to use scouts.. they sucks big time.

Every scout report says the player a fairly good signing! wth! How do I know who to buy then.. and my assistant coach with PA 20 can tell me that our new youth player with PA 160+ is the one of the best player of his generation!!!!! *face palm*

Lecksa, he bought the game, so he is allowed to play it how he wants. If he feels the need to use scouts and gets more enjoyment out of it, then leave him be, for crying out loud. As long as we are all having fun in the end.

Think you are getting a bit carried away with the expectations of realism in this game, Dewey. If your scouts found every single good player, what would be the point of even looking for anyone? There would be no excitement at finding a good player at all, because your scouts would see them every time. Wouldn't even be close to realistic if your scouts found every good player in the game.

I've had the same experience with in-game scouting as Dewey. So tend to use scout utiltities now.

I wouldn't agree entirely that not finding the very best players before another club signs them up, is realistic. Everyone (all the scouts worth their salt) will have heard of Messi, C Ronaldo etc, because they are just so good and word travels fast.

It's the players who are below that level (but still good), that sometimes evade some scouts. However, in FM, I was finding that the very best were being snapped up by R Madrid, Inter etc, without my scouts picking them up. Even when they had just scouted the country the youngster started playing in.

e.g. How could a top scout go to Argentina and spend 3 months (or whatever) there, and somehow have the existence of a Leo Messi evade them completely?

I accept that others have had different experiences. I realize every save is different and that so many factors are involved in producing certain outcomes.

Also the stars system is whack. They scouts don't rate the players 0-5 in terms of quality they rate it in terms if you should sign/keep them. Which is completely off. So I don't know if they are really good unless I read everything in the report. Which is whack. Why can't you just say "hey this player is a 4 star player but when comparing him with our other players, i rate him as a 3 because we have enough 5 star strikers" Well the scout may think that but IMO I would like to buy a youth player that is 4 stars so I can start working on replacing my 28/29 y/o which to the scout might be good but to my I need to start looking at future players.

I was playing as At. Madrid and I had Aguero, Dzeko, and Soldado. (The stupid scout kept rating Dzeko as a 3 but I know he is good and signed him anyway). Later on they were getting old and so I scouted for some players and some Dutch striker was rated a 2.5 by my scout which is a dime a dozen, then Arsenal signs him and becomes player of the year the following season. And the striker is still rated a 2.5 by my scouts and Aguero and Dzeko and Soldado were all getting or at 30. I'm like what a crack pot scout (both my AsstMan and Scout had a 20/20 judging and both said 2.5 stars). I checked with FM Genie and it showed the player was around or better than Aguero and Dzeko and he was U21. So how does the stupid AsstMan and Scout rate him as a 2.5? Just because you think I don't need him doesn't mean he is a 2.5 or that I don't want him.

It was worst when I was trying to find Spanish players because domestic regens are horrible in FM10 (its a bug). So I have like 3 scouts out scouting for Spanish players. So for like a few days the AI gets smart and rate him as a 3 star player which is a lot less then the hundreds of 2.5 players so I sign them. But there were a few I missed because the AI is mental and keeps rating them under. Barca snaps up all the good Spanish players and has like half their squad with domestic talent. Although I do have around 3-5 at any given time. The scouting needs to be adjusted to reflect what the scout thinks the player's CA/PA not whether I should sign/keep them.

Blacksquare, if you went by that logic, then what if you were in a lower league team? Every single one of your players would be rated half a star, and all the scouting reports of players that want to sign for you would say.. "This player is not a very good player, compared to Lionel Messi." and all lower league players would be half a star.

It has to be relative to your team, or else you would have no idea.

Archived