Application Error

Needing some help: Having installed the newest patch (10.0.3) I received the following message when playing:

Application Error - A serious error was encountered and the application will close. :confused:

The game then closed and I restarted. The same problem occurred so I reinstalled Football Manager and the problem now occurs when I click on anything (such as squad or continue) having started a new game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (never had any problems before), thanks.

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum or if it is covered in another thread but I looked and found nothing that helped :()

Yeah the memory location can point towards a problem if it was a corupted download (cite Vic Taylor for this). I am assuming that your game was ok before this. Try installing the patch 10.3 and booting the game. If this does not work. Next step - install the patch 10.3 without any AV running. Once you have installed the patch, then reboot. If the patch does not take, try archiving it through a .zip archive (try WiRAR, higher compression rate,). At ths point, let the archiver do the the work for you. BC the file within the .zip archiver and the installer should run, the next step shold be that that the installer .exe should run and install the patch. If any probs PM me and I will try to help. I will give you the steps I took :)

If the patch does not take, try archiving it through a .zip archive (try WiRAR, higher compression rate,). At ths point, let the archiver do the the work for you. BC the file within the .zip archiver and the installer should run, the next step shold be that that the installer .exe should run and install the patch. If any probs PM me and I will try to help. I will give you the steps I took :)

This seems to have worked - have only played for half an hour but wasn't even getting that before. Thanks a lot for the advice. :thup:

Archived