Spanish B teams

Just checking what clubs are managerless in 10.3 I noticed you can manage Spanish B teams. Anybody have any idea how this works? Looking at Villareal B I noticed they had 2 loan players from Villareal, seems strange. Can you hire staff or ask the A team if you can have a certain player?

its a pain in the ass mate. I went Athletic Bilbao and their B team at the start of a game. If you move good players (on good wages) to the B team suddenly their budget is stratched to breaking point because they seem to be unconnected!

Also B teams hire their own staff from their own small budget, so even if you share amazing facilities, as is the case with Athletic, your B team players will only be trained by the B team coaches. I also got a bit confused by the registration system in Spain so before that window shut i resigned from the B team before my head exploded and i left out vital players by accident! So from that point of view i think it's pretty pointless, yeah you can send your young players out for experience but they might as well go to any other smaller club with decent facilities. In my case I have kept my under 19 players in the youth squad rather than moving them to the B team cos they will get the better coaching, albeit in a poorer league. Maybe I wasnt doing it right tho.

As far as being a B team manager alone goes, I dont know the ins and outs but to be honest i think that would be quite annoying too for the same sort of reasons, you are tied to a better club but dont have the benefits. Dont know how much say you can have on players moving between the teams, I suggest you try it out! But I imagine there will be parts of it that either confuse or frustrate you!

Just checking what clubs are managerless in 10.3 I noticed you can manage Spanish B teams. Anybody have any idea how this works? Looking at Villareal B I noticed they had 2 loan players from Villareal, seems strange. Can you hire staff or ask the A team if you can have a certain player?

Hire staff yes, ask for players no. I used to manage both seniors and B's in FM09, as the B teams would really mess you up on that.

SI need to allow a B team manager to have a chance of taking over the main team, internal promotion. It happens IRL all the time over in Spain so there's no reason why this couldn't happen. The game also needs to allow B teams to be just that, a B team with a human manager involved.

SI need to allow a B team manager to have a chance of taking over the main team, internal promotion. It happens IRL all the time over in Spain so there's no reason why this couldn't happen. The game also needs to allow B teams to be just that, a B team with a human manager involved.

Indeed, most notably Guardiola.

And while they're at it, drop the whole "affiliate" crap, it's the same club, just a different team.

Archived