How Good Was Rooney On This Game at 16?

not as good as cherno samba

Cherno Samba was a legend (in-game). I remember the days of signing plenty of players as wonderkids before they got famous in real life, Torres, Ronaldinho and Tevez to name 3.

He was woeful on CM01/02 :p

I played a long running network game on 01/02 with LLMers, we played for something like 40 seasons in total.

I was at Doncaster Rovers in the old Second Division (now known as League One). I played very attacking 3-4-3 formation and scored 132 goals in that league season and lost in the playoff finals. Wayne Rooney and an aging Robbie Fowler both scored more than 20 goals each but were eclipsed by the unknown Steve Woods who scored 34 or so. :D

Did Rooney tend to sell out his childhood team in CM4? (And no, I'm not an Everton fan, just disgusted at what Rooney did).

At the end of the 2003-04 season, Rooney, citing Everton's inability to challenge for European competition (they had finished seventh the previous season and only just missed out on a UEFA Cup place, but in 2003-04 had narrowly avoided relegation and finished 17th), requested a transfer that Everton refused to oblige if the transfer fee was less than £50 million.

Manchester United ultimately won the bidding war and Rooney signed at the end of the month after a £25.6 million deal with Everton was reached.[9] At the time of his sale Everton were struggling financially with a significant debt and the deal helped turn the clubs finances around.

It was the highest fee ever paid for a player aged under 20. Rooney was still only 18 years old when he left Everton.

Read and try to think :D

I seem to remember the first time I saw him in a CM game, he didn't have a single attribute above 10.

I remember he was utter gash in CM 01/02.

Unlike my strike force of Johan Elmander and Jonas Lunden. With Saviola and Van Nistelrooy too.

Only Van Nistelrooy actually ended up doing well in retrospect.

Just wondering how good this game portrayed Rooney, or any youngster who's gone on to be world class at 16 or 17. If any one has any screenie's or recollects how good he was that would be interesting.

Cheers.

Rooney played his first game for Everton according to FM2010 in the 2002/03 season. He played 33 games, scoring 6 goals

It was 2 years later after that he joined Manchester United

don't know what year this was from his it doesn't look like anything recently. When did AIG start their shirt sponsorship with Man Utd ?

rooney.png

AIG's shirt sponsorship deal started in 2006. That picture (the England flag is a telltale sign) is from FM2008. And the screenshot was taken when the person's game was in 2013/14.

I had one game going before he hit the headlines where he was brilliant..and a left winger! Think it varied in those days. Also remember Torres on the same game being the best striker around, besides Jan Vennegoor perhaps.

I remember in FM05 Messi and David Silva were pretty bad :/

And I wonder what happened to Mika Aaritalo and Sherman Cardenas

Aaritalo and a couple other players at his club were already corrected in a database update patch on that particular FM if I remember. Was it 08 ?

just disgusted at what Rooney did.

What, secure the financial future of his favourite team and join one of the worlds greatest teams, playing at the highest level and becoming one of England's greatest ever players? Jog on.

Cherno Samba was a legend (in-game). I remember the days of signing plenty of players as wonderkids before they got famous in real life, Torres, Ronaldinho and Tevez to name 3.

I can't help but think that you're claiming to have discovered these players ^^

I'm most likely wrong, but I feel the urge to say that they quite famous IRL back then, not as superstars as they are now, but they were known around the world.

No offence meant, mate :)

Anyways, I remember Kneissl (sp?), some Czech striker.. for now that's all I remember :)

why IS Rooney's heading still only 10 on FM2010? He's been heading them in for fun all this season..

the quality of the crossing is doing most of the work, hell im not even a football fan and I can work that one out (rugby fan who loves the editor btw)

EDIT: I heard it said by a commentator that before in the Ronaldo period he would look to shoot where the current guy looks to cross... hence more goals from a strikers head, the way the players at that level cross I bet anyone here would score 5 a season!

Archived